Imagine that, 262 years. That’s the length of time you connect across. You’ll know the people who span this time. Your time is the time of the people you know and love, the time that molds you, and your time is the time of the people you will know and love, the time that you will shape. You can touch 262 years with your bare hands. Your great grandma taught you, you will teach your great granddaughter, you can have a direct impact on the future right up to the year 2186. Imagine that.
US-China relations: Beijing lays down red lines for first time in Sherman meeting South China Morning Post
The Australian Taxation Office is sharpening its technology systems that catch people cheating on their tax returns, making it harder than ever to hide income or claim dodgy deductions.
Malcolm Gladwell, Lord of the Rankings(Revisionist History Season 6):
Malcolm Gladwell, Project Dillard (Revisionist History Season 6):
Lord of the Rankings Further Resources
- Huaying Qiu & Wenxin Du, A True Lie About Reed College: U.S. News Ranking
- Chris Lydgate, Reed and the Rankings Game
- Casey Dougal (Drexel), Pengjie Gao (Notre Dame), William Mayew (Duke) & Chris Parsons (USC), What’s in a (School) Name? Racial Discrimination in Higher Education Bond Markets
- New York Times, Some Colleges Have More Students from the Top 1 Percent Than the Bottom 60. Find Yours.
- Rowan University, Houshman’s Hazardous Hot Sauce
Project Dillard Further Resources
- Mitchell Chang (UCLA) & Victor Saenz (Texas), The Contradictory Roles of Institutional Status in Retaining Underrepresented Minorities in Biomedical and Behavioral Science Majors
- American Institute of Physics ("AIP"), The AIP National Task Force to Elevate African American Representation in Undergraduate Physics & Astronomy (TEAM-UP)
- National Science Foundation ("NSF"), NSF Establishes New Center to Study Successful Undergraduate STEM Education Practices at Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Data from IPEDS: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System
Prior TaxProf Blog coverage:
- Malcolm Gladwell's Law School Rankings
- Bill Henderson And Malcolm Gladwell On The LSAT
- Malcolm Gladwell, Andrea Curcio, Heather Gerken, Orin Kerr, And The Dialectic Tension Within Legal Education
- Malcolm Gladwell, Yale Dean Heather Gerken, And The Dialectic Tension Within Legal Education
- More On Malcolm Gladwell And The LSAT
- Malcolm Gladwell: 'SSRN Is The Greatest Website On The Internet — Page Six For Dorks'
- Is Malcolm Gladwell Right: Do 50% Of Harvard Law Students Take Drugs To Enhance Their Academic Performance?
- Malcolm Gladwell-Bowdoin College Food Fight Over Student Amenities v. Financial Aid To Low-Income Students