BLOGGING: Leaving a Mark on Space
Recently I became even more curious than ever so I tracked down a Google hit and smiled when I found what search term had led them to Media Dragon, and this has been about the third time I've noticed this:
Who said I will breakfast from the Cold River where uneaten dreams are kept?
In this category as a blogger I have nothing left to say ;-)
As of 8 September 1980 AD I consider myself to be the DownUnder Guy and as of 8 September 1997 I consider myself a kind of antipodean-bohemian blogger who understands the strange phenomenon which comes with blogging The Boomerang Effect... Martin Luther, Thomas Paine, George Orwell were all way ahead of us ... All writers great and small like me know well that without the Boomerang Effect of 20th and 21st Century stories like Cold River would never feature at Forbes Book Club or even dare to appear in every corner of this smallest planet in the universe ;-)
Legend has it that Ernest Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in six words. The result was "For sale: baby shoes, never used." The secret of good writing is to say an old thing in a new way I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done
Literature is language charged with meaning to the highest possible degree Knowing another language is like gaining another soul
Even the opening line needs to be a hooker. People do not deserve to have good writing, they are so pleased with bad.
To summarize: it's badly paid, the hours are weird, the office environment can be claustrophobic, you can't get the staff, you're selling your wares to big corporations who can roll over in their sleep and crush you if you don't make nice, nobody's going to give you a champagne reception, a stretch limo or a signing tour, there's lots of business admin stuff to deal with, and you still have to cram in a normal social life or you'll go mad.
If all writing were forbidden, the stories written in secret would be the ones we needed to read. It's not writing that should be encouraged but reading, widely and voraciously, reading the classics, reading the modern masters. That, if my university lecturers are right, is what will bring out the real writers among us. Magazine editors, publishers and writing competitions are groaning under the output of all those writing courses and I want to say stop. Stop if you can. And if you can't stop, write.
I sought the river flowing homeward, the sea washed down with ice that froze my blood. I seek the offer of the cleansing waters, the rinsing off of journeyed sands of sin. The oceans were untameable, their innocence now slap and sting with surf. Once long ago familiar, now changed by bathing of the boats. Home again and yet I'm not; the river laughs along the new-cut banks. Roots rise up, unwatered, dry and brittle. The song the river sings is of a different pitch, and I do not know the words.
No matter how serious you may take blogging, it’s still something that you do for yourself, with little to no editorial review, in as quick a manner as possible. [...] I guess I’m trying to say that even though I take even the quickest of blog entries seriously, it’s still not as rigorous as other writing.
Childishness (an apparent lack of mental focus and serious life purpose, a fondness for daydreaming and telling pointless lies, a lack of proper respect, mischievousness, an unseemly propensity for crying over nothing)
Some writers argue the act of writing is the creative engine for plot and character. Others point out that writing without a concrete (or somewhat flexible) idea of where things are headed guarantees, at best, a lot of rewriting and, at worst, a substandard product. If you write what you believe in, what you are truly passionate about, the words will flow - well, most of the time. There are enough writers out there murdering their work with little regard. A really fine piece of writing dies naturally once it is completed. It stops breathing, and its heart stops beating.
• Everything I've Learned About Life I've Learned in My Father’s Workshop Writing is turning one's worst moments into money; [If there is any “secret” to writing, it is rewriting I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble ; A national initiative to open a dialogue about the importance of open government and freedom of information Sunshine Week ]
• · Think of it as "The Conversation" behind the Iron Curtain - Look at all these millions of Germans who behaved like monsters and you choose the one good German, Schindler, to make the film about. The Lives of Others: Stasi was shot in the back of the head at short range in 1981; one of the last documented cases of a disloyal Stasi agent being assassinated.
• · · 8153.0 - Internet Activity, Australia, Sep 2006 Wireless sparks more Internet connections: ABS ; Google beats the locals to secure top spot in digital media - Google has overtaken Sensis as Australia's biggest digital media company. Australian revenues in 2006 soared 108 per cent to $A206m. IT Builds a Better Idea Just remember, mate, even the pretty girls get hurt in the bus crash
• · · · By Tim Knapton 01/03/2007 AFR Smart Investor, Page 76-77: In 2007, online radio is due to overtake radio to become the third-biggest advertising medium in Australia. In the September 2006 quarter, spending on online ads surged by 58 per cent to $A263 million. Emitch, Photon Group and STW Communications have all been achieving solid organic growth as well as making acquisitions. Both Photon and STW have fairly high earnings multiples, but their business models appear capable of generating strong earnings growth. Emitch has advertising deals with Seven Network, News Limited, Fairfax Media and Publishing & Broadcasting Second life for online ads ; Australian media asset owner Eva Presser is best known for her publicity-shyness. Reclusive mogul to end long broadcasting love affair
• · · · · In Packer’s Lunch Neil Chenoweth explores the dark channels of money and power that flow beneath the surface of Australian society. Take a rollicking ride through crooked corporate Sydney. ; Underworld figure; On Figures in Lives of Others ...