You cannot hurt my feelings by disagreeing with me as I was married for 20 years to a rather disagreeable character … We all have the capacity to inspire and empower others. Look on the light side. Failure may be the best teacher, but sometimes the lessons sure do hurt. That’s where a little levity can come in handy. Good sales managers are adept at this. For example, if their team misses a quota, they might say something like, “We fell a bit short this month. If we fall any shorter, we won’t have anywhere to look but up.” Quips like that don’t dismiss the issue; they are salves for bruised egos. And they have a dual effect: One, they raise the shortcoming; two, they allow people to move forward without dwelling too much on the past. Relief pitchers in baseball are of the same mindset; a pitch given up for a homerun might be described as a pitch that didn’t quite go where I wanted it to go. Case closed. As the novelist John Barth once wrote, "The story of your life is not your life. It is your story?' In other words, it is your personal narrative that matters, not the mere facts of your life. Your life narrative is like a permanent recording playing in your head. Over and over, you replay the events and personal interactions that are important to your life, attempting to make sense of them to find your place in the world. Let’s move on. My pioneering Australian Exposures
SPEAK UP, SPEAK OUT, BE HEARD You Only Live Twice
Our world might be getting smaller, thanks to technology, but virtual worlds and games are booming. Millions of people venture daily into these new and constantly evolving landscapes where they can conquer mythical armies, slay dragons and embark on other fantastical quests.
ABC managing director Mark Scott told a business forum that the ABC had bought an island on Second Life - an internet based virtual world. The ABC will become the first Australian media organisation to have a live presence in Second Life. "We're approaching this as an R&D concept, assessing the potential of Second Life and other 3D worlds," strategic innovation and development head Abigail Thomas said. Second Life is an internet-based virtual world, where users are able to interact with each other through their avatars, or constructed characters. Although this "world" has a number of competitors, including Active Worlds and There, Second Life has captured most media and commercial attention as a forum for social networking and trade: the ABC bought its "digital space", an island, for a non-profit rate.
• ABC Buys Island in an Online Media Dragon World ; [Trevor Cook World; A university student's exploration of the "blog" and it's role in empowering and politicizing popular culture In critiquing the blog, I aim to critique both the media itself … ]
• · Mayne had finished awarding the best business news report to the Australian Financial Review's Morgan Mellish when Milne rushed up onto the stage and ... Morgan Mellish, The Australian Financial Review, for “The Robert Gerard Tax Scandal”. An investigation into South Australian businessman and Liberal Party ... The Walkley Awards for Excellence in Journalism - Business Finalists ; Kevin Roberts GREETINGS, I AM NOW BLOGGING
• · If you’ve ever been “dooced,” then you know. your blog made someone in the executive suite. uncomfortable. Blogging Shines New Light. on Corporate Culture ... Blogging Shines New Light on Corporate Culture ; Why software business models of the future probably won’t come in a box
• · · A shared online community modelled after Wikipedia, the free and highly popular user-created, web-based encyclopedia? Make room Wikipedia: internet-based collaboration could change the way we do business ; Journalists with the "Big Ego disease" often point at bloggers and other people without press passes and accuse them of not being "real journalists." But bloggers who provide analysis about newsworthy events are journalists. Who's a Journalist These Days? ;
• · · · Thank you to all the individuals in antipodean waters, and around the world, who read this site's ironic musings and links, and to those who have supported my labour of love with their thoughtful and expert suggestions, and insightful links and sources. Most of all thanks for the St Jozef on 19 March, and stay in touch ... The Blog - Another Tool in Your Arsenal: 100 most useful sites ; Study Focuses on Understanding the Political Influence of Blogs Understanding the Political Influence of Blogs: A Study of the Growing Importance of the Blogosphere in the U.S. Congress; Bloggers Abroad Face Government Retaliation Jozef Imrich®
• · · · · Our lives are becoming increasingly digitized—from the ways we communicate, to our entertainment media, to our e-commerce transactions, to our online research. As storage becomes cheaper and data pipes become faster, we are doing more and more online—and in the process, saving a record of our digital lives, whether we like it or not Envisioning the Whole Digital Person; T he US government is developing a massive computer system that can collect huge amounts of data and, by linking far-flung information from blogs and e-mail to government records and intelligence reports, search for patterns of terrorist activity. Little-known data-collection system could troll news, blogs, even e-mails. Will it go too far?