10 Learnings from March 15 to August 15.
· Forget the new normal. Welcome to the New Abnormal.
· There will be no going back to work. We have to find a New Way Forward. (Progressive not Disruptive; we’ve had enough disruption lately!)
· We must not waste the crisis. We must reinvent work/life integration.
· We are SURVIVING. It is time to REVIVE and THRIVE.
· We must re-invent the office.
· Delivering more with less will be fundamental to REVIVING.
· Connecting, Collaborating and Communicating will become critical Leadership skills.
· Inspiring our people to Perform at Peak will be challenging in a hybrid world.
· We must create a new way of leading which is both CARING and DEMANDING.
· The New Way Forward will begin with a total commitment to knowing what to do (live our Purpose), followed by inventing new approaches on how to do it.
MAKING IT HAPPEN: Analysis reveals a hitherto unknown plot by Thomas Cromwell to literally change the balance of power on the Bible’s front page, just one year before his execution for high treason.
The Internet as a Cold War Weapon Yasha Levine, Immigrants as a Weapon
Hammer and sickle sparks anger during ACT election campaign, but what does this symbol mean in 2020?
WELL, THE PUBLIC HEALTH COMMUNITY HAS SQUANDERED ITS PUBLIC TRUST ON THIS ONE, SO THEY WON’T HAVE MUCH TO WORK WITH NEXT TIME AROUND: Why Stephen Emmott fears the next pandemic could kill a billion people.And Covid-19 is a very mild pandemic disease by comparison with others that might occur. They’ve oversold it — understandable in the beginning when all we knew was that the Chinese were panicking, but not by now — and people will discount what they say next time. And yet it could be much, much worse next time.
Squandered trust is very destructive, yet such squandering is the hallmark of pretty much all of our institutions these days, worldwide. That says something unfortunate about the people who are running those institutions.
Trump sets deadline for sale of TikTok operations in US Financial Times