There's a lot of misinformation about cyber security
Don't fall for the assumptions and misconceptions about online attacks. Learning the facts will build resilience, allowing your organisation or department to explore the new applications these platforms offer.
Innovation without the fear
Data is no longer held in digital isolation; ecosystems of multiple platforms are fast becoming the norm. This sounds terrifying for security and logistics but, with the right program, this is actually an exciting development.
Over-specifying in the planning stage can hold you back
Upgrading always comes with some anxiety over the unknown changes it brings. Rather than sliding into the comfort of conservatism, embrace the new while carrying over the sustainability of legacy systems.
'Race politics is back', but what does that mean?
"Australia’s race commissioner exited office with an indictment of race-baiting commentators and politicians. Here are excerpts from his speech, annotated." (NYT)
Digital detox: how to keep it down up there
"Simple steps you can take to quieten down your mental hamster wheels." (Quartzy)
- Jersey Finance paid for IEA report rubbishing 'hotbeds of tax evasion' claims(1 Aug 2018)
- UK will act alone against tech firm tax avoidance if global solution falters (1 Aug 2018)
- US Expats Face Hammering From New Tax Rules (1 Aug 2018)
- Germany to crack down on tax evasion via online retailers (1 Aug 2018)
- Apple laughing all the way to the bank – with profits of $5.3m per hour (1 Aug 2018)
- UK government plans to introduce a rule that means the owner has to be living in the property in order to qualify for tax relief for renting out a room in their house (1 Aug 2018)
- UK Big businesses stung by Diverted Profit Tax (DPT) liabilities (1 Aug 2018)
- EU national challenges HMRC over new data sharing rules (1 Aug 2018)
- OECD BEPS: Australia's Hybrid Mismatch Rules—What's Changed? (1 Aug 2018)
- Corporate America Now Knows How to Tally Its Repatriation Taxes (1 Aug 2018)
- Manafort's trial is about Putin, not tax evasion (1 Aug 2018)