Friday, September 03, 2004
The Libs dumped King for a scholar
In preference for a man with a dollar
Howard's missing the point
We'll vote him out of the joint
And Turnbull dragged out by his collar
Poetically inclined? Then jot down an election-themed limrich and email SMH
Eye on Election & Press Gallery: Peter King v Malcolm Turnbull: David vs Goliath
The likeable man, I used to have an occasional beer with at Iceberg club (a member no. 703), roared:
I am no quitter! Politics shouldn't be about playing the man. I believe it's in the national interest [to run]. Australia is at a crossroads at the moment. The two major political parties are marching in time. They are almost marching in unison. What we need is not reactive politics but pro-active politics.
Our democracy is about competition and it's about fairness and it's about truth and those are the issues I'll be running with at the end of the day.
• Marking the grave of our political photo opportunity: From the hills to the beaches, I am 100 per cent Wentworth [ via Counterspin - Fairfax Digital ]
• · Make your member work.......don't re-elect him! Sadly even Presidents like Steve Chase sell their journalistic souls for 30 pieces of survival silver: The decline of the parliamentary press gallery
• · · See Also With the election this close, somebody was always going to have trouble resisting a cheap, desperate swing at a political enemy
• · · · The Bull in the China Shop: Inside Wentworth: Turnbull accuses Webdiarist of 'mischievous dishonesty'
• · · · · 36 Days to Go Heidi Wane, an inveterate autograph hunter, scored Mark Latham's moniker