Russia doping in Sochi was state-dictated with secret service backing, WADA report finds:
“The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) announces publication of the McLaren Investigation Report (McLaren Report), which was released earlier today by Professor Richard H. McLaren during a press conference that he held, in Toronto, Canada. On 18 May, WADA engaged Professor McLaren, as an Independent Person, to investigate allegations of Russian state manipulation of the doping control process, which were made by Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, the former director of the WADA-accredited laboratory in Moscow. The allegations were released by CBS 60 Minutes and The New York Times on 8 and 12 May respectively. Specifically, per the McLaren Investigation’s Terms of Reference, Professor McLaren was asked to establish the facts related to the following:
- Whether there had been manipulation of the doping control process during the 2014 Sochi Olympic and Paralympic Games, including but not limited to, acts of tampering with the samples within the WADA-accredited satellite laboratory in Sochi (Sochi laboratory) that was established for the Games.
- To identify the ‘modus operandi’ and those involved in such manipulation.
- To identify any athlete that might have benefited from such manipulation to conceal positive doping tests.
- To identify if potentially this ‘modus operandi’ was also happening within the Moscow laboratory outside the period of the 2014 Sochi Games.
- Whether there was any other evidence or information held by Dr. Rodchenkov….”
The NSW coalition government is facing an internal revolt over its move to shut down the greyhound racing industry. The NSW Nationals appear to be at odds over the contentious ban, with some members including Cootamundra MP Katrina Hodgkinson...
The Italian political philosopher and Florentine statesman Niccolo Machiavelli (who never owned an eponymous, subterranean Sydney pasta restaurant) once wrote that "it is necessary for he who lays out a state, and arranges laws for it, to presuppose that all men are evil; and that they are always going to act according to the wickedness of their spirits, whenever they have free scope".
It was a bright cold day in July, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Welcome to Mike Baird’s NSW, a state now resembling George Orwell’s 1984. Government power is squashing our freedoms and taking control of our lives. Orwell had his Big Brother.
Google on the Grehound ban
Liberal and Nationals MPs have thrashed out the decision to shut down the NSW greyhound racing industry during marathon party room meetings, with one telling Premier Mike Baird: "You've got this wrong" Greyhound PartII