Sunday, October 05, 2003

I was too willing to step into the Red Sea of publishing even before the waters had parted. While I realise that I might be still swimming against the literary tide, I receive some curious emails of late comparing my tale with some amazing storytellers...
I know about survival, but being read in the same breath as 'Tis is too much...

Without Virtual Oxygen Cold River would be Just A Dream!
A new story, a story which is really new and really a story, will give the person who reads or hears it the sense that the world has become alive again for him. I would put it like this: the world will start to breathe for him where before it had seemed as if made of ice or rock. And it is only in the arms of that which breathes that we can fall asleep, for only then are we confident that we will ourselves wake up again.
Gabriel Josipovici Goldberg: Variations, p. 3

Some of you may be familiar with the old saying, If you want something done right, get a dragon to do it. This is particularly true in matters of the mind, for it is in such areas we dragons excel. Yes, I’m a dragon; one of the two founders of Double Dragon Publishing. Until this issue, I’ve allowed humans to edit this newsletter, but I felt it was lacking a certain dragonly panache and so, I’ve decided to take over the job myself. Now let’s see if we can’t rectify a few things.
First, about Double Dragon Publishing. If you’ve longed for a different reading experience, if you’re looking for a good tale, a great read, something different from your typical run of the mill novel-- you’ve come to the right place. While all Double Dragon Books are written by humans, I can assure you, they’d do a dragon proud...
· Nobody can tell me this has to be taken out of the movie. Nobody can say to me again, 'This has to be taken out of your book' - I'll just go publish my own damn book, I'll make my own movie... [Guardian ]