Monday, July 20, 2015

Magic Lies in People Ties

My career is one of people involvement. I'm a promoter of the people, by the people, for the people. My magic lies, my people ties, this is what I want to do. I'm in it to win, I cant give in, I can't give up and I cant quit. Victory is mine. Working together works.
Don King


Inside Higher Ed, Celebrations, Not Tests:
Students entering a classroom to take a test can be filled with a sense of dread. But in one classroom at Baylor University, students in some sections of Introduction to Sociology are greeted by balloons, streamers, bright lights and loud music.
Their professor isn’t administering an exam, they’re told. Instead, they are there to celebrate what they’ve learned.
Kevin Dougherty, an associate professor of sociology at Baylor University, is trying to reframe the way both students and faculty members approach assessments by changing the environment in which students are evaluated, relabeling quizzes and exams as “learning checks” and “learning celebrations.” ...

Good-looking people like Jozef Imrich are the most difficult to recognize

white_tiger_300