Saturday, January 08, 2022

Growing My Faith in the Face of Death

 The New Yorker, What It Means to See Jesus


From Why Atheists Need Faith:  Mark Tapscott (HillFaith), to Believing Is Seeing: Once Upon a Time, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away


The Atlantic:  Growing My Faith in the Face of Death, by Timothy Keller (Founding Pastor, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City):

On Deathhave spent a good part of my life talking with people about the role of faith in the face of imminent death. Since I became an ordained Presbyterian minister in 1975, I have sat at countless bedsides, and occasionally even watched someone take their final breath. I recently wrote a small book, On Death, relating a lot of what I say to people in such times. But when, a little more than a month after that book was published, I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, I was still caught unprepared. ...





AI’s 6 Worst-Case Scenarios IEEESpectrum


The mathematics of mind-time aeon