Thursday, March 25, 2021

"I wish that heaven/ Had visiting hours - Ed Sheeran plays new song Visiting Hours for Michael Gudinski’s state funeral

 "I wish that heaven/ Had visiting hours/ So I just could show up/ And bring good news/ That she's getting older/ And I wish that you'd met her/ The things that she'll learn from me/ I got them all from you," sang Sheeran as he strummed an acoustic guitar alone on the stage.


This is the story behind Ed Sheeran’s emotional tribute song for “father figure and mentor” Michael Gudinski

Ed Sheeran plays new song Visiting Hours for Michael Gudinski’s state funeral


In a recorded message, Bruce Springsteen said Mr Gudinski was one of the last of a dying breed of concert promoters.

He said Mr Gudinski was known for his bad jokes, his generosity of spirit and his kindness.

"He loved his job and music the way I love mine. He was a music man," he said.

Michael Gudinski hailed as a genuine music man at state memorial in Melbourne


The Project's Carrie Bickmore remembered Michael Gudinski as a 'generous man' who was instrumental in helping to launch her foundation. 

Carrie, who created Carrie's Beanies 4 Brain Cancer Foundation, recalled how she had a nervous meeting with him when wanting to start the project.

'I remember sitting there with a baby on my lap pitching to Michael how I wanted to launch my foundation with a huge concert featuring Ed Sheeran,' Carrie said. 


Carrie Bickmore delivers a stirring eulogy to Michael Gudinski at his state funeral and reveals the music king was instrumental in helping her launch her Beanies 4 Brain Cancer Foundation

Jimmy Barnes Reflects On Michael Gudinski And Debuts His New Song | The Marty Sheargold Show


Michael Gudinski This Is Your Life 1998