Thursday, July 30, 2020

Jeff Bezos To Washington: 'My Dad's Name Is Miguel. He Adopted Me When I Was 4'


Jeff  has been very kind to strangers like moi as in 2002 he was happy to exchange several Emails  about Amazon and My publisher, Double Dragon 🐉 



How many CEOs would ever bother with bohemian strangers even replying let along share their personal stories with them in a series of chain email messages ... I thought that he was librarian and he corrected me as Amazon Dewey Classification System was created  by a stockbroker who loved Books and Libraries .


I am sure one day there will be Bezos Library in the US - where a copy of Cold River will sit on the shelves 😎 or else


Jeff Bezos To Washington: 'My Dad's Name Is Miguel. He Adopted Me When I Was 4' 


For Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, it will be his first appearance before Congress. He begins his prepared remarks with a personal story, as he often does in public appearances:

I'm Jeff Bezos. I founded Amazon 26 years ago with the long-term mission of making it Earth's most customer-centric company.





Czech out also MacKenzie’s new blog, the suggestion that Deep Bloggers and MEdia Dragon have encouraged her to use blogging as a medium for her philanthropical platform is exaggerated  🤫



Description

MacKenzie Scott is an American novelist and venture philanthropist. She has served as the executive director of Bystander Revolution, an anti-bullying organization she founded, since 2014. Wikipedia
Born: 7 April 1970 (age 50 years), San Francisco, California, United States
Nationality: American
Spouse: Jeff Bezos (m. 1993–2019)
Children: Preston Bezos
Education: Princeton University (1992), The Hotchkiss School (1988)


MacKenzie Scott—the writer and ex-wife of Jeff Bezos, now going by her middle name—said in a Medium post on Tuesday that she has donated $1.7 billion to charitable causes over the past year. 

After her divorce in 2019, Scott signed the Giving Pledge, a commitment among the wealthy to give away a significant portion of their money over their lifetimes. Scott’s promise was to distribute at least half of her approximately $35 billion fortune

Along with the announcement of the $1.7 billion in donations, Scott offered a frank reflection on the societal systems that have allowed her to accrue such wealth; she is the world’s second-richest woman, according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index

“There’s no question in my mind that anyone’s personal wealth is the product of a collective effort, and of social structures which present opportunities to some people, and obstacles to countless others,” she wrote. 

She added: “I began work to complete my pledge with the belief that my life had yielded two assets that could be of particular value to others: the money these systems helped deliver to me, and a conviction that people who have experience with inequities are the ones best equipped to design solutions.”