Monday, March 08, 2004



There is an old parliamentary story that asks why Politicians and members of the Press Gallery were afraid to make love standing up. The answer was that someone might think they were dancing. (source: invaluable veteran Luap Snillum)

Invaluable Real-World Lessons: Political Talk Shows
There are too many insiders there; they go to dinner with each other, talk to each other and then have breakfast with each other. So, in professional terms, they're all talking to each other. Political Talk Shows are, by and large, men screaming at other men in front of a male audience. I get annoyed with these shows and I think most women do. Women in general have had quite enough angry men in their lives.
· Good columns rely on good reporting
[ Nothing Ventura Nothing .... Jackals stuck it to me, screwed me, abused me]
· See Also If there are newspapers out there that routinely defy their publishers' values on their editorial pages, I have yet to discover them.