Monday, March 15, 2004



I have studied many times the marble which was chiseled for me— a boat with a furled sail at rest in a harbor. In truth it pictures not my destination but my life.For love was offered me, and I shrank from its disillusionment; sorrow knocked at my door, but I was afraid. Ambition called to me, but I dreaded the chances. Yet all the while I hungered for meaning in my life ... I hate myself, but I can’t stop this addiction Nothing like an abusive headline to grab your interest, eh?

Acts of Rights & Responsibilities
AUSTRALIANS have debated the merits of bills of rights on and off since before Federation. More recently, proposals were put forward by the Whitlam and Hawke governments for federal bills of rights. None of these proposals has succeeded. This has left Australia as the only western nation without such a law. Indeed, among all nations, only a few such as Brunei and Burma lack a bill of rights, with Afghanistan gaining a bill of rights when its new constitution came into force earlier this year.
· Finally, Australia’s Maiden Bill of Rights
· See Also Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class...
· Creating a Genuine 'Opportunity Society'...
· Though they couldn't prove it, blackballed bohemian talent knew why their telephones had stopped ringing. I'm checkmated!