~ Heinrich Heine, History of Religion and Philosophy in Germany
Peg O' Connor has made thinking about drugs her life's work. Her blog, "Philosophy Stirred, Not Shaken," puts some of the greatest questions of Western philosophy to our hedonistic lifestyles...
Philosophy has historically taken a more idiosyncratic approach to drugs than other disciplines. Aldous Huxley's 1954 book The Doors of Perceptiondocuments the breakdown of his ego and resultant "obscure knowledge" he gained from an eight-hour trip on Mescaline—a psychedelic also favored by Sartre. Nietzsche was reportedly addicted to opium while writing The Genealogy of Morality. And according to a 2013 survey, 90 percent of philosophy students in the UK have taken drugs Drugs and philosophy ...
News from the… Profession? Area Police Department Offers Help to Drug Dealers Struggling With Tax Season Preparations (Caleb Newquist, Going Concern)
Martin Shkreli All but Gloated Over Huge Drug Price Increases, Memos Show New York Times
Martin Shkreli Pleads the Fifth C-Span It’s actually worth watching. He smirks repeatedly like the social club of East Latituders ;-) Lets hope that this kind of behavior is going to get the book thrown at him in his criminal securities fraud trail ...(from commentariat "The question is, who gives vile people so much money to manage? In the good old days, someone would have thrown this guy off a boat in cement overshoes.")
Huey Lewis and the News, We Want a New Drug
- AustraliaTax chief promises legal action to crack down on multinationaltax avoidance
- ATO warns 60 multinationals 'enough is enough' on tax avoidance
- KPMG: Professional Chameleons Or Independent Public Auditors And Regulators?
- Taiwan – the un-noticed Asian tax haven?
- Breakthrough for LuxLeaks investigation: EU commission releases secret documents
- SwissLeaks Scandal one year on: political response to tax dodging is sluggish, says Oxfam
- SwissLeaks: Why Corporate Tax Scandals Won’t Go Away
- Tax experts demand changes to laws allowing tax-avoiding companies to bid on NHS contracts
- Factsheet on HMRC and multinational corporations
- The UK government should withdraw its job offer to this Amazon executive
- At any given time HMRC has about two-thirds of the UK’s 800 largest businesses under investigation
- Murder victims' families sue HSBC over drug gang money laundering
- HSBC money laundering report's release likely delayed: US judge
- *Revolving Doors: Big Four accounting firms among most frequent providers of hospitality to senior civil servants
- Priest arrested over alleged €30m fraud
- Rules preventing tax-avoiding companies from securing NHS contracts have been scrapped