Young Rebecca never put it as plainly as my old man, but she knew what he really meant by suggesting that "Big Thieves always hang the little theives" and few observations are closer to the bone than dad's especially when it comes to tax justice ...
... For Rebecca Wilkins, truly one of the great tax justice heroes, with deep thanks and cherished memories. Rest in peace dear friend Remembering Rebecca
“Anyone, whoever he is, who only wants to build walls and not bridges is not a Christian,” the pontiff told journalists this week while in Mexico ...
- Landed aristocracy of times past extracted rent by virtue of monopolistic ownership of land, so today the financial oligarchy extracts interest and other financial charges by virtue of having concentrated the major bulk of national resources in their hands in the form of finance capital
- Why on earth would HSBC leave a country that gives banks an easy ride?
- Why Google (and other multinationals) are still not paying their fair share of corporation tax
- Think corporate tax avoidance is bad for Britain? With TTIP it could be about to get even worse
- Corporate Welfare: RBS netted £1bn in tax breaks for funding films such as Harry Potter