Friday, February 17, 2023

Out of Alignment Foreign Affairs

 Out of Alignment Foreign Affairs. The deck: “What the War in Ukraine Has Revealed About Non-Western Powers.”



Take your information and do what you want with it.



Newser – “Kevin Roose is a tech columnist for the New York Times, and he’s as surprised as you are that he concludes his latest column like so: “I’m switching my desktop computer’s default search engine to Bing. And Google, my default source of information for my entire adult life, is going to have to fight to get me back.” Roose is among the tech writers who’ve been given an advance look at a new and improved Bing, Microsoft’s long-ridiculed search engine. 
The company has integrated search with artificial intelligence and yes, there are glitches in the early going (as with Google’s rollout of its own AI search tool). “But fixating on the areas where these tools fall short risks missing what’s so amazing about what they get right,” writes Roose. Bing (Yes, Bing) Just Made Search Interesting Again Google has stiff competition now, after Microsoft integrated powerful A.I. technology into its search engine…” [h/t Pete Weiss]