Sunday, May 15, 2022

Ukraine wins Eurovision: She rocked me; gave me rhythm and probably the power of will

Kalush Orchestra - Stefania - LIVE - Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ - Grand Final - Eurovision 2022


Eurovision was born in 1956 so it is even older than MEdia Dragon πŸ‰ - Czech out lyrics of Eurovision MMXXII 2022


Laura Pausini canta "Volare" EUROVISION


Ukraine has been crowned winner of the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest with Kalush Orchestra's war anthem 'Stefania”



Ukraine's folk-rap group Kalush Orchestra has won this year's Eurovision Song Contest, surfing a wave of goodwill from European nations to clinch the country's third win at the glitzy event.

The band's song "Stefania," written about the frontman's mother, beat competition from main rivals the United Kingdom and Spain at the competition in the Italian city of Turin.

The event marked the first major cultural event in which Ukrainians have taken part since Russia invaded in February, and many in the audience waved Ukraine's blue and yellow national flag during the evening.











Lyrics:

Stefania mum mum Stefania
The field blooms, but she is turning grey
Sing me a lullaby mum
I want to hear your native word

She rocked me; gave me rhythm and probably the power of will; did not take, but she gave
Probably knew even more and from Solomon
I will always walk to you by broken roads
She will not awaken, won’t wake, me in strong storms
She will take two fig signs from grandma, as if they were bullets

She knew me very well; she was not deceived, like she was very tired; she rocked me in time
Lyuli lyuli lyuli…

Stefania mum mum Stefania
The field blooms, but she is turning grey
Sing me a lullaby mum
I want to hear your native word

I’m not in diapers but ma but ma, enough, like if I did not grow up to grow to pay for things
I’m not a small child, she still loses her temper, I walked, “like the slag would hit you” [Ukrainian curse] 

You are all young oh mother at the peak, if I do not value the guardianship at the peak of glory I’m in the dead end
Kill the peak that peak, I would sing with my love
Lyuli lyuli lyuli…

Stefania mum mum Stefania
The field blooms, but she is turning gray
Sing me a lullaby mum
I want to hear your native word

Stefania mum mum Stefania
The field blooms, but she is turning grey
Sing me a lullaby mum
I want to hear your native word


Europe's annual song and dance extravaganza wasn't short on either entertainment or pyrotechnics, but voting remained nail-biting until the end.

Colorful, campy, confounding: to the uninitiated, the Eurovision Song Contest (or ESC for short) can be all this and more. 

Think New York Met Gala meets Bollywood dream song sequence, enriched by — sometimes — mindboggling lyrics, bizarre choreography, pyrotechnics and rib-tickling commentary by national broadcasters. 

As one of the world's biggest song and dance extravaganzas, the ESC attracts around 200 million viewers worldwide.

The brainchild of Marcel Bezencon of the European Broadcasting Union, the ESC was originally conceived through a desire to unite European countries through cross-border television broadcasts following World War II. 

Eurovision Song Contest 2022: Ukraine wins the public's hearts


The Eurovision Song Contest has wrapped up for another year, with Ukraine's Kalush Orchestra winning the trophy after attracting staggering support from viewers. 


In a dramatic but unsurprising finish, Ukraine has won the 66th annual Eurovision Song Contest. Though the UK, Spain and Sweden put in a valiant fight, it was Ukraine’s Kalush Orchestra, singing Stefania, that won the day.

Australia, competing for the seventh time, came in 15th place of 25 countries competing in the final. Singer Sheldon Riley delivered his best vocal performance in the competition so far, finishing in tears and winning commanding applause from the audience in Turin, Italy

Mollymook: Ukraine wins Eurovision



President Zelenskyy wants Eurovision 2023 in Mariupol: "Free, peaceful and rebuilt"

The Ukrainian city Mariupol should be the host city of Eurovision 2023 according to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy



Czech Republic: We Are Domi — “Lights Off”
The song opens with the feelings of confusion and regret, “I lost my soul, forgot my way, there’s no mistakes that I’ve not made”. The pre-chorus continues by suggesting a discordant identity, “Tried changing jobs, changing lovers, changing my furniture, change my bed covers”. Dominika knows exactly what she needs, but she refuses to do it, “I’d change my heart, but there’s not a chance, so I turn the lights off”. The chorus demonstrates the feelings most clearly, “Where are you now when I need you, you’re sailing around in my peripheral, where are you?” Big break-up feels!

—-
A Footballer with a heart:

πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺ Belgium: JΓ©rΓ©mie Makiese – “Miss You”

Sometimes I feel down
Sometimes I booze
Sometimes I fall
Sometimes I do wrong
One day I’m cool
One day I’m cold

And I’ve been trying to escape my past
Give up on the sadness that you left behind
I’ve been trying to erase my mind
You stay like a nightmare
When I close my eyes

ABC on Grand Final