Sunday, April 13, 2014

Vanishing Olde World


"Eventually it comes to you: the thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely."
~ Lorraine Hansberry, journal entry, (16 May 1958)

NYC Before & After



James and Karla Murray, the photographers who brought us the wonderful book Store Front: The Disappearing Face of New York, have been quietly working on an exciting new project.
Vanishing Cultures & Sydneyrellas


:U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor talks about her memoir at Seton Hall": The Record of Hackensack - There were so many people I wanted to touch and I couldn’t
Once upon a time, gazing at ruins was considered one of life’s most exquisite pleasures. Ruins can evoke a pleasurable melancholy as well a nightmarish dread. They are about decay, oblivion, but also hope. Maybe that's why we can’t get enough...Mittleurope


"When I started to see the analyst, I had a powerful feeling of guilt about my whole situation, and could not believe it was right to eliminate this feeling. My talks with him put it into perspective, until I was nearer to accepting it. 'In this life you pay for everything, for every happiness,' he said."

~ The Tongs and the Bones: The Memoirs of Lord Harewood