I follow the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all...
I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life's been full, I've savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don't shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.
Professor Gordon Cooper AM, FCA BSc (Econ) was the principal of Cooper & Collins (Central Coast) Pty Ltd.
• Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
• Member of the Self-Managed Super Fund Professionals Association of Australia
• Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
• Member of the National Institute of Accountants
• Member of the NSW Branch Committee of the Self-Managed Super Funds Professionals’ Association of Australia
• He was a member of the SPAA convention committees for 2008 and 2009.
• He was a member of the Steering Committee for the National Review of Standards for the Tax Profession and has been involved ever since in this long running saga
• He was a former President of the Taxation Institute of Australia
• He was Chairman of the Committee of the Australian Branch of the International Fiscal Association
• He was the Patron of the Australasian Tax Teachers’ Association
• He was Visiting Professorial Fellow at the Australian School of Taxation in the Faculty of Law of the University of New South Wales
Mr Gordon Cooper AM
Gordon Cooper AM - biography
Fraud arrest ends tax office's young gun experiment