Monday, February 14, 2022

Saint Valentines

If, then, I were asked for the most important advice I could give, that which I considered to be the most useful to the men of our century, I should simply say: in the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.


Romance Isn’t Only For Twenty-Somethings

Let filmmaker Nancy Myers show Hollywood the way: "Rom-coms typically suggest that thrilling courtship is for people in their 20s and 30s." They fall in love and get married; the end. "In these films by Meyers, though, both protagonists delight in their divorced lives." - The Atlantic

Tonight Oysters and Pepik Pinoir Noir at 18 Footer: a bar & restaurant over the water in beautiful Double Bay. The venue is stunning.


That is bigger than Media Dragon’s 188 cm frame An 85-Mile-Wide Comet Is Officially The Largest Comet Ever Observed.


She looked hotter than a welder’s torch and much, much more interesting.


11 Misunderstood "Love" Songs


“Under ideal decision conditions, you would agree to kiss me, and indeed it would be unreasonable not to kiss me. Therefore, I may force you to kiss me.”

-Rawls


“I will kiss you only with your genuine consent.”

-Nozick


A form of exercise? The science of why we kiss

“Be My Valentine this Monday.

Even though we’re miles apart!

Time will separate us one day --

Till then, hyphen with my heart.”

Falling for you …


Be My Valentine This Monday'


Red neck Psychos do not understand dragons or our powerful curses: “Here’s to the lazy ones, the couch potatoes, the bingers, the streamers, the round pegs in rounder holes… the ones who saw things differently — they’re not fond of motion… You can mock them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do now is ignore them because they changed things… they keep the human race safer, and while some may see them as the lazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are lazy enough to think that they can stay home to change the world, are the ones who do. “

Here’s to the Lazy Ones | Cutwater Spirits


Dancing plant

The leaves of Codariocalyx motorius move fast enough that you can see their motion. This plant likes to dance.




There Are Seven Love Languages Now, and One Might Be Yours

New research dropped, and five ain't enough.


Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.

~ Leo Tolstoy



St. Valentine Had Nothing To Do With Romance. So Why A Day?

The name was so popular that over 30 Valentines, not to mention “a few Valentinas,” ultimately achieved sainthood. However, no matter which Valentine you look at, their traditions and texts have nothing to do with love or courtship. - LitHub



Am I Still a Law Librarian? 

Deb Bennett: In 2015, after working in a court library for 19 years, I took the plunge and entered the world of parliamentary libraries. As the Manager of the Law Courts Library in Sydney it was a hard decision to jump ship. I loved my job, I had an amazing team and I had built up enough experi- ence to be a competent legal researcher. I’d always said the only other library I’d like to work in is the Parliamentary Library, so when the position of Parliamentary Librarian was advertised, I applied and was offered the position.
After three years in the role I find myself asking ‘am I still a law librarian?’


Hallmark introduced its first Valentine’s Day card in 1913 and started producing them in 1916. In 1948, De Beers unveiled its iconic “A diamond is forever” slogan. In 1986, Hersey’s released Valentine’s Day “kisses” with pink and red foil. By 2004, estimates suggest that consumers bought more than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of candy annually.

Brands have understood the power of Valentine’s Day for more than a century. Although the language of advertising has evolved and expanded in countless ways since then, marketers continue to celebrate love stories every February. Here are our tips for modernizing your Valentine’s Day Licensing shoots and speaking to today’s image-buyers.



One of the most iconic romantic ads of the last decade is Vodafone Red’s 2013 spot The Kiss, tracing the journey of childhood sweethearts as they grow up and age together through the decades. Age diversitycontinues to be much-needed in the realm St Valentines 



Valentine’s Day: The Pressures of Shopping for Romance

The pernicious effects of the Hallmarking of holidays. Valentine’s Day happiness comes from spending time sharing pleasant experiences, rather than spending money on the perfect gift.







Husbands: “Women always take one look at me and go back to their husbands.”