Robert A. Weinberger (TaxVox), Budget Blues For Tax Administration:
IRS Whistleblower Awards Fall 61%
The IRS's Whistleblower Office has released its FY 2019 Annual Report to Congress
Algorithms ‘consistently’ more accurate than people in predicting recidivism, study says TechXplore Precrime is coming….
Australian Public Service Commissioner Peter Woolcott says the current jobs hierarchy could be slimmed down
ALL THAT GLITTERS: The trendiest C-suite role for the past few years has almost certainly been the CDO. Here is their career trajectory.
EMPLOYEES ARE USING THE LOW UNEMPLOYMENT AND RISING BLUE COLLAR WAGES TO LEVERAGE DEMAND FOR RAISES? I BLAME TRUMP! Strikes are 257% up in 2 years, even though labor union membership is down — why more workers are taking a stand.
ONLY IN LA-LA LAND: Would a former senior management official of a key Chinese Communist Party (CCP) financial asset be hired to manage CalPERS, the biggest public employee pension program in the U.S. Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) tells Gov. Gavin Newsom he ought to fire Yu Ben Meng.
Comedian Celeste Barber made a dig at Prime Minister Scott Morrison during the relief concert that raised $9.5 million for Australia’s bushfire recovery.
They were about to send the police to look for me: RFS firefighter claims he was sacked following heated rant against PM
- These Tory 'free port' plans are just another handout to corporations and tax dodgers (14 Feb 2020)
- Global tax rewrite could boost governments' revenues by $100bn, OECD says (14 Feb 2020)
- OECD presents analysis showing significant impact of proposed international tax reforms (14 Feb 2020)
- The World Bank loses another chief economist - after higher officials block publication of internal research showing a correlation between foreign aid to developing economies (including WB aid) and jumps in their deposits in foreign financial havens (14 Feb 2020)
- Facebook boss 'happy to pay more tax in Europe' (14 Feb 2020)
- Depletion of US IRS Enforcement Is Undermining the Tax Code (14 Feb 2020)
- Will the new UK Chancellor give pension tax relief the chop? (14 Feb 2020)
- Pensions tax relief: is time running out? (14 Feb 2020)
- Top 7 crypto companies based in tax havens (14 Feb 2020)
- Snail farms used to avoid business rates (14 Feb 2020)
- US poised to celebrate its first Panama Papers tax conviction (12 Feb 2020)