Monday, August 02, 2004



There ain't nothing more to write about, and I am rotten glad of it, because if I'd a knowed what a trouble it was to make a book I wouldn't a tackled it, and ain't agoing to no more.
Samuel Clemens, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Literature & Art Across Frontiers: The Waiting Game Begins
As athletes prepare for the opening of the Olympics in Athens, Nigel Spivey tells the story of a legendary hero of the Games, and looks for clues to the function of sport in the modern world
M.F.K. Fisher, The Measure of My Powers (The story of a legendary hero of the Olympic Games:)
I was horribly self-conscious; I wanted everybody to look at me and think me the most fascinating creature in the world, and yet I died a small hideous death if I saw even one person throw a casual glance at me.
The agones and the ecstasy; [Bloggers dish the dirt in another literary hoax; Book Database for Locating New and Used Titles ]
• · See Also If Bush is such a dictator, why can't he even stifle dissent in his own bookstore? [ Authors and publishers face credit card barrier to anonymously puffing their books Amazon halts tit-for-tat critics ]
• · · Now Rowling(ova) takes internet by storm Website: JKRowling
• · · · Smugglers: Don't try to stand out from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether.Your plan for getting your work out there has to be as original as the actual work, perhaps even more so
• · · · · Since I began writing Cold River, Book Sense has embodied the passion, personality, character, community, and knowledge of independent bookstores: The Best of Book Sense From the First Five Years
• · · · · · Not Just By the Book ... The power of this unconventional escape is only heightened by the knowledge that the story is true You Mean There Are People Who Don't Like Jozef Imrich? ; [Leopold Page spent years trying to persuade people to make a film about the man who had saved him and his wife from the Nazis. At last he found someone. Thomas Keneally tells how he stumbled on the story that became Schindler's List: Man to man]