Thursday, August 26, 2004



Five years ago today: We just launched a cool new tool at Pyra. It's called Blogger. It's an automated weblog publishing tool.
I wish I'd have said something more visionary, like, It's going to be huge, I tell's ya! In five years, Google's* going to own it! And even the president will have a blog.
* You know, Google, the up-and-coming search engine without the portal. Yeah, they're going to be huge, too! Evan Williams on fifth anniversary of Blogger's debut The Blogger is the Media Dragon’s soulful partner of four years ...

The Blog, The Press, The Media: Things I Learned from My Blog
During my pre-blogging days I used to backflip (www.backflip.com) any article that seemed interesting and read them later. Through that process I gathered more noise than signals. Now I first backflip the interesting articles and posts, read them later and then blog the stuff which are really interesting.
Some bloggers record current events. Others collect information for reference ... [ courtesy of Soul Soup ]
• · How one engine changed the world; [ The call of the blog ; Google to pay bloggers]
• · · Bush fuels a boom in readers and advertising for lefty magazines
• · · · Toogle is a Text version of Googles Image of Jozef & Bessie @ Traiskirchen Toogle ; [And there is a name for it, of course, because this is the 21st century and all: the Ego Google]
• · · · · Real Simple Syndication Technorati and David Sifry
• · · · · · Anytime of the day or night Tim Dunlop has many ideas and threads worth chasing. The idea that only those with expertise in a topic should comment upon it, or that it is only 'expert' opinion that has any value in such discussions is about as contrary to the spirit of democratic governance as anything I can think of