Tuesday, May 18, 2004



What aren't we frightened enough about now?

Invisible Hands & Markets: Scarier Than Protectionism
This prosperity is vital to all of us. It will spur growth here. It will weaken fundamentalism elsewhere. It is the product of the laws that Adam Smith taught us. It is the consequence of the lessons that America has been teaching the world for generations - that free markets free people.
Yet we call this great good bad. We amplify anxiety through code words like outsourcing, and our rhetoric invites policies that would return this nation to the darkest days of the Depression

· Lawrence Lessig:
· See Also Good advertising doesn't cure all problems, but it's a really good indicator of whether the people involved actually care about what they do
· See Also Building Economist Reviews: mix of murder and maths
· See Also If I wear my watch on my left wrist, I need not be conscious that I am accepting a tradition: Sir Karl Raimund Popper (1902-1994) was born in surreal Vienna [courtesy of My Surreal Vienna ]
· See Also The government finds a new way to nail old tax evaders