Thursday, June 12, 2003

All these leaders were on record in favor of small government – but their opposition wasn't simply to government as such. It was to government's power to confer privilege on insiders; on the rich who were democracy's equivalent of the royal favorites of monarchist days...

Crowds & Cowards The Parable Of The Sheep

The sheep were nervous. Recently some wolves had gotten into the flock and killed some of them. There was shock, of course, and outrage...
How will this story unfold? Will the sheep calmly accept these conditions? Will they stand up on their hind legs and demand more grass? Stay tuned, children, for the next episode.

· Parable [CommonDream ]

We The People This is Your Story - The Progressive Story of America. Pass It On

Let me make it clear that I don't harbor any idealized notion of politics and democracy; I worked for Lyndon Johnson, remember? Nor do I romanticize "the people." You should read my mail – or listen to the vitriol virtually spat at my answering machine. I understand what the politician meant who said of the Texas House of Representatives, If you think these guys are bad, you should see their constituents.
· Heirs: The fruits of the toil of millions are boldly stolen to build up colossal fortunes for a few [BacktoFuture]