They're professionals at this in Russia, so no matter how many Jell-O shots or Jager shooters you might have downed at college mixers, no matter how good a drinker you might think you are, don't forget that the Russians - any Russian - can drink you under the table.
Malchkeoun read the Kitchen Confidential
Some of the insightful chapters Finishing Up: "Kitchen Confidential" And quotes
15 Anthony Bourdain Quotes
1. You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.
2. I’m not afraid to look like an idiot.
3. Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one’s life.
4. I, personally, think there is a really danger of taking food too seriously. Food should be part of the bigger picture.
5. I’m a pretty decent writer. It comes easy to me. I don’t agonize over sentences. I write like I talk. I try to make them good books.
6. If somebody crafts an interesting tweet that’ll lead me to their blog, I’m going to their blog.
7. Sometimes the greatest meals on vacations are the ones you find when Plan A falls through.
8. The celebrity-chef thing, even at its worst, its most annoying, its silliest, its goofiest, its most egregious and cynical, has been a good thing.
9. People are generally proud of their food. A willingness to eat and drink with people without fear and prejudice… they open up to you in ways that somebody visiting who is driven by a story may not get.
10. I think that if all kids aspire to reach a point where they could feed themselves and a few of their friends, this would be good for the world surely.
11. I always entertain the notion that I’m wrong, or that I’ll have to revise my opinion. Most of the time that feels good; sometimes it really hurts and is embarrassing.
12. I would like to see people more aware of where their food comes from. I would like to see small farmers empowered. I feed my daughter almost exclusively organic food.
13. I don’t have to agree with you to like you or respect you.
14. If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.
15. Skills can be taught. Character you either have or you don’t have.