Friday, November 29, 2013

Film or Book



"The imagination says listen to me. I am your darkest voice. I am your 4 a.m. voice. I am the voice that wakes you up and says this is what I'm afraid of. Do not listen to me at your peril."
~John Guare, Six Degrees of Separation


What's The Better Storytelling Medium? Books Or Movies... "Films are great, but they just don't have the same...inclusion that books have. You're merely an observer: you aren't feeling everything the character feels, aren't reading every single one of their innermost thoughts, all of their doubts and fears and hopes." 


Nazism was a triumph not so much of the will as of modern sales techniques, especially film, Hitler’s favorite mediumfor swaying emotions... Adolf the Film maker

Weeks before Lolitaappeared, Dorothy Parker had a story in The New Yorker. It was about anolder man and a young woman. The title: “Lolita”... Slavic Mirror News


Forget the affairs, brawls, and political ambitions. Norman Mailer had one overriding concern: getting published...Getting into Dewey Classification System