Friday, October 15, 2004
Following is a transcript of the presidential debate last night in Tempe, Ariz., between President Bush and Senator John Kerry, as recorded by The New York Times
Cameron Marlow just could not help himself, could he? Now Where is Poland?
Eye on Politics & Law Lords: Left Jab v. Right Hook
Senator, in the mainstream of American politics you sit on the far-left bank. Your record is such that Ted Kennedy, your colleague, is the conservative senator from Massachusetts, zinged Bush.
Kerry retorted that he plans a pay as you go approach and suggested that for Bush to talk about balanced budgets is a little bit like Tony Soprano talking to me about law and order.
• Debate hits hot buttons ; [Left Right and Centre ; Google Latest links to the Third Presidential Debate]
• · but in the corrupted Orwellian journalism of our time, power and truth did not make it "fit to print" in our most important paper Is not the Farnaz Fassihi story a perfect little parable of the "transformation" we've been talking about for a year now
• · · I fault this president for not knowing what death is. He does not suffer the death of our 21-year-olds who wanted to be what they could be. On the eve of D-Day in 1944 General Eisenhower prayed to God for the lives of the young soldiers he knew were going to die. He knew what death was [Even in a justifiable war, a war not of choice but of necessity, a war of survival, the cost was almost more than Eisenhower could bear.]
• · · · Backpages Chris Sheil In the Shadow of the Forrest (Election Wood)
• · · · · From Amerika Marian Wilkinson Head-to-heart battle to be first past post
• · · · · · Damian Murphy From the Down Under Politics is next to godliness