Friday, July 28, 2023

Requiem

Requiem

Remember Me

I cannot speak, but I can listen. I cannot be seen, 
but I can be heard.
 So as you stand upon a shore gazing at a beautiful sea,
As you look upon a flower and admire its simplicity, 
Remember me.



Hundreds of Jervis Bay residents have joined friends and family members of Vera Hatton today to farewell the passionate citizen and advocate of local history at her funeral in Huskisson 



The Shoalhaven lost one of its champions and most passionate advocates with the death of Vera Hatton on Friday, July 21, at the age of 85. The dedicated educator, historian and artist passed away at home.


'Do not stand at my grave and weep' 

By Mary Elizabeth Frye


 Do not stand at my grave and weep 

I am not there. I do not sleep. 

I am a thousand winds that blow. 

I am the diamond glints on snow. 

 

I am the sunlight on ripened grain. 

I am the gentle autumn rain. 

When you awaken in the morning's hush 

I am the swift uplifting rush 

 

Of quiet birds in circled flight. 

I am the soft stars that shine at night. 

Do not stand at my grave and cry; 

I am not there. I did not die. 

Vale Vera Hatton AO: Vera spread her influence from the Shoalhaven to the world



Emily Dickinson wrote:

 That it will never come again

Is what makes life so sweet.

Believing what we don't believe

Does not exhilarate.