Saturday, September 21, 2019

Nature Calls Silly Writers - The splendor and misery of Ivan Turgenev's love life

Through his constant walking of Wentworth Falls Rock and the surrounding area, with his little dog Badger alongside, and an exercising of a right to roam, slowly MB  achieves a congruence with the place, but one that can be shattered by the imposition of nanny state restrictions...

'My moral compass is, I hope, correctly calibrated to the basics of goodness, yet I struggle particularly with the concepts of borders and boundaries, In short, I like to trespass....perhaps life is too short to go only where we are told to go...'
IRON CURTAIN  EAST GERMAN BORDER GUARDS FEED DOGS THAT PATROL BETWEEN DOUBLE FENCE 1989 Stock Photo



IRON CURTAIN EAST GERMAN BORDER GUARDS FEED DOGS THAT PATROL BETWEEN DOUBLE FENCE 1989


Forgive me freedom loving people for I have slumped, both in my reading and in my blogging due to my armchair travels 
It's been over a ten hours since my last cryptic confession and I've had to drag myself back to the keyboard like a stroppy recycled teenager.  
East German boarder police spying over the Iron Curtain Stock Photo



Wars are not fought for territory, but for words. Man's deadliest weapon is language. He is as susceptible to being hypnotized by slogans as he is to infectious diseases. And where there is an epidemic, the group-mind takes over.

My auntie Ota escaped in 1948 through the Sudeten lannds - Šumava- Comic book tells tale of post-1948 Czech emigrés

On March 21, 1949, Irena Šimonová attempted to cross the border and get into West Germany. She had a legitimate ... I had heard that there were places in Šumava where you could drown in the swamp. I stayed hidden ...


 The 1948 communist takeover of Czechoslovakia radically changed people's lives overnight. Those who refused to accept that change risked their lives to flee the country, leaving behind their families


Walter Gropius was mocked by his first wife, scorned by art critics, and pushed out of Harvard — all before Tom Wolfe’s character assassination Crying Wolfe    


 A Bohemian Billionaire Buys a Piece of Le Monde


Nature Calls: Blenheim Palace Gives Thieves a Golden Opportunity to Steal Cattelan’s Toilet


Q: How do you invite thieves to steal a famous, expensive, publicly exhibited artwork? A: Publicly announce that no guards are protecting it. That strange-but-true ... read more
AJBlog: CultureGrrl



The splendor and misery of Ivan Turgenev's love life. He said he could feel love only when A woman’s heel was pushing his neck into the mud