Thursday, April 20, 2006



After a moment that seemed like an eternity Media Dragon was born ... In 1980 I rolled downhill to Australia and the only place that would have me fast ;-). They picked me up when I was down!

“You only have to look at that dreadful American man, Henry James. The worst writer in the world. He never risked anything.” V.S. Naipaul minces no words ... and he likes Media Dragon. No one like Naipaul for making you feel both spoilt and inadequate as an audience

The sun sets unevenly and the people
go to bed
The night has a thousand eyes.
The clouds are low, overhead.
Every night it is a little bit
more difficult, a little
harder. My mind
to me a mangle is.
-Robert Creeley

Rich in risk and reward: The "Mystery" of tha (sic) Media Dragon

It has been about a seven years since Media Dragon began an excessive stream of ink over his decision to share his cold moravian river story with the wider world, but only four when the baby was actually born. And soon, in June 2006 exactly, Media Dragon clothed as the blog will be actually 4 years old. Will I reach 4000 posts by June? The Google gals and guys inform me that it is in a vicinity of 3600 posted entries at the moment ... Between then and now we got (envelope pleeze) 935,537 individual sessions; 3,289,927 total pageviews; 4,193,916 individual hits; and we moved a total of 105.78 GB of data through the pipe. We are rather proud of that. As they say, to understand just one life or pipe, you have to swallow the world. Doublethink is what writing is all about. You believe and you don't believe all at the same time. Everything is possible! I love being on the edge. Forget bleeding edge, let’s talk hemorrhaging edge, way way out there ... Bloggers and Media Dragon pundits are exerting a disproportionately large influence on society. The rise of the blogger

However, life of the blog offers diminishing returns: the longer you are invested, the less likely you are to reap the dividend of survival. Indeed, based on actuary tables, it becomes increasingly less rational to celebrate one's blog future the older one gets. Like my mate Wilston Smith of 1984 and Churchill, I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter Why do We Celebrate Birthdays: A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough

He always kept his poise
To the top branches, climbing carefully
With the same pains you use to fill a cup
Up to the brim, and even above the brim.
Then he flung outward, feet first, with a swish,
Kicking his way down through the air to the ground.
-Robert Frost

Keep The Cold River running. Consider exploring, only a click-away, our generous sponsors:
I will write about my friends,
the story of each of them,

I see in it, I see myself,
a tragedy like my own tragedy,

I will write about my friends,
about doors that don’t open,

about desires slaughtered at birth,
about the Iron Curtain walls,

and about the thousands of failed escapes,
buried without names,

in the cemetery of isms ...

All that mankind has done, thought or been: it is lying as in magic preservation in the pages of books:

Jozef's journey as a writer has been like a trek through an amazon, a strange jungle, - beautiful, exotic, and frightening at times. Some days are peaceful and full of light, other days feel like nothing but a series of slips and stumbles. Peculiar sights, sounds and creatures have kept me company as I have wandered through strange lands with no map or compass. I am still on this journey, and it continues to take me to fascinating places. Come take a swim with me in Amazon River ... and discover the darkest, sickest recesses of human fishy nature



Publisher: Head of the Double Dragon Double Dragon: Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight
Tail Down Under Booktopia Like the Australian Dream? Some books are merely important. Cold River is necessary
Exclusive as Iceberg Bondi - CEO Network! The Richest Club in the world - The Forbes (Compliments of Robert Scobles and Bill Gates ;-)
S(i)x Degree of Separation is our Oyster! The Psychology of Whole Wide World Revolution!

After his failed marriage of 21 years which took him to all different part of Australia, Jozef Imrich works, lives, and plays in the ocean near Bondi, Sydney. When we are walking in the deepest of valleys the feeling of self-importance is diminished and we are more open to others. The irony will undoubtedly be lost on some, but by failing, Jozef and Cold River succeed brilliantly ;-) My country man and the expert of the blues, Kafka, would be proud of us! The world, like happiness, is an illusion, but if you try hard enough you can beat it ...
My Iceberg: to-die-for location
Live Love Bondi: Terry Burke, Maurizio Terzini and Mario Venneri

There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.
— William Shakespeare: The Tragedy of Morava River