Tuesday, January 18, 2005



Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.
Prague Spring on a Different Planet i've been to the mountaintop - martin luther king jr. - 1968

Art of Living & Literature Across Frontiers: My Love, My Winner of the Golden Globe
Don't you just love my way of finding an excuse to explain how much I identify with the new mini-series Love My Way?

Well, every aspect of the show continues to surprise me. Last night’s episode entitled A Different Planet could have been based on the tragedy in my family. As the death of a young person is the worst possible thing that can happen to any family. In September 1975 my sister died at the age of twenty-two of rare variety of leukemia. All the dreams all the potential all the mystery turns into ashes. When the most tragic events happen in the family, everyone is pulled ever so intimately together and then in many strange ways torn apart. There would not be a mother walking on this earth who would not be touched by Claudia’s portrayal of a mother who has lost her girl. It is impossible to act with such heart-wrenching expressions as Claudia displayed without trully experiencing the unbearable loss. One is left with the urge to protect her until the pain is all but gone. There is a saying: No tears in the actor, no tears in the viewer. I remember that raw, out of this world howling of my mother and sisters Gitka, Eva, Lidka ... My tearful aunties Sidka, Anna, Julia and the faces of uncles who could not hide the deep animal shooting pain.


After Love My Way I could not sleep so watched Danny Deckchair. It is a light comedy which is filled with dreams of Iron Curtain proportions. I remember having a number of dreams along the lines back in the communist Czechoslovakia. In fact, an attempt was made to execute similar kind of escape, but sadly there are no survivor to tell his story. This is a blown up tale for any child at heart who ever dreamed of taking off. Rhys Ifans play an Australian who almost becomes a Member for Clarence (still the story is very little on politics - but the speech Danny Morgan give at the Town Hall is rather impressive. At one point during his inspirational waves Danny reminded me of Boris Johnson). Miranda Otto as (parking cop) Glenda Lake and Justine Clarke as Trudy Dunphy make the movie what the movie what life should be all about - with a big dream and a little attitude, anything's possible. This film was inspired by Larry Walters, who tied 42 weather balloons to his chair expecting to lightly float into the air. He armed himself with a six pack of beer and pellet gun (in this movie they used scissors (my, my, even thesaurus could not help me find the spelling of sizors for this taurus) to cut off the balloons one by one to come back down slowly. However, he shot up into the air far faster than he expected, and dropped the gun after shooting out a few bullets. Would I see it again maybe with someone who has not seen it yet ...
Love My Way [credits: Google @ Golden Glow ; Gold Rush keeps the Australian flag flying high Geoffrey Rush won a Golden Globe ]
• · The ATO's Public Taxation Ruling: carrying on business as a professional artist (TR 2005/1) is a giant leap towards a new kind of status, says National Association for the Visual Arts director Tamara Winikoff, who led the campaign. Art can be taxing
• · · Red wine with fish? Never! Naked woman tells post office patrons to repent Post Office Abuse: Peach blossom luck... ; Iraq abuse case Nothing wrong with piling up naked prisoners or leashing them; First there was Nicole Kidman in The Blue Room, then there was Kathleen Turner in The Graduate. Now the Royal Opera House, that bastion of high culture, is resorting to nudity of Diva in order to seduce opera patrons to dive in the Cold River
• · · · LeRoy's work, called "brilliant, gifted and profound" by Vanity Fair, explores the complexities of human need without passing judgment on the needy or resorting to cliche. From street urchin to literary rising star
• · · · · Can you marry books? Because I’m head over heels in love with this Eco’s book on Beauty. There are two Umberto Ecos living in the same skin.
• · · · · · The universe is made up of stories not atoms - muriel rukeyser Telling it like it is to the Young: Dead in the Deep water