Sunday, April 04, 2004



Kdo má plné brucho, hladnemu neverí.
The one with a full stomach doesn't believe the one who is hungry

Breakfast at Tiffany's: hyper-hygienic fat-and-germ-free
It was a long way from Breakfast at Tiffany's when the hyper-hygienic fat-and-germ-free Premier Bob Carr and his gritty Treasurer, the unrepentant smoker Michael Egan, discussed their respective dietary preferences on Nova 969 this week.
Carr: I don't like fat in my diet but I do like protein . . . mid-morning I might have an egg white omelette. After some serious exercise I might have a protein shake.
Egan: I think it's a lot of nonsense. It's codswallop. I have seen what the Premier eats, particularly for breakfast.
Carr: Fruit and muesli and a bit of low-fat yoghurt. You say it's chaff but I have looked over at your plate and it's swimming in fat.
Egan: I looked at what you were eating and it reminded me of what comes out the end of a horse.

· Nova 969: Bob 'n Mick's diet tips [Link Poached from Morning Glorious Sauce]
· Talk about jumping from the frying omellete into the fire: Money Talks & Budget Tips
· See Also Russian humour was better-off under censorship, complains literary celebrity