Sunday, January 25, 2004



· The first show of American Idol where they make fun of all the losers who are awful singers, is by far my favorite ...
The ideal poker player learns that sometimes both science and common sense are wrong; that the bumblebee can fly; that, perhaps, one should never trust an expert; that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of by those with an academic bent...
David Mamet on poker

Amazon Roulette: Cold River author scores review with Dr. Siever's editor
William Frucht (see more about me) from New York, NY USA I object to the author's using Amazon to spam me about his book. If I was ever inclined to read it, I certainly won't do so now...

Bill is teaching me in every practical way how every negative has a positive, You just have to look for it...
Dear Bill: I wish everyone in the whole world was exactly like you--charming, candid, informative. Phew. Stevie Smith had a poem where she kept talking about a breath of fresh air...
(Real me: I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore. Has Bill gone off his meds? I know I'm taking my life in my own hands with the kryptic sentiment of this post, but if you'll hang in there with me, you might see where I'm coming from. (risk taking smile)

Bill has edited a great book New View of Self: How Genes and Neurotransmitters Shape Your Mind, Your Personality, and Your Mental Health (Great Book)
This is a book for anyone who has ever been depressed and wondered about taking medication, for anyone who has ever worried about his own mental health or had concerns about friends and family. Dr. Siever gives us a comprehensive introduction to all the major psychiatric diseases and disorders, illustrated with numerous case studies--of the narcissistic or histrionic personality, of dpression (sic), of obsessive compulsive disorder. His stories are illuminating and compassionate.
· Once Upon a Imaginary Negative Number
· Positive Numbers ( She Sells Sanctuary)
· Boing Blowing Bohemian Blogs