Saturday, August 16, 2003

Very well (Vaclav), then I contradict myself,
I am large (6 foot 2 inches (187cm) & 107 kg, I contain multitudes (to boot pepper & salt (black & getting more whitish moustache).

--Walt Whitman

More Of Our Own...

Maybe somewhere in this country there is a truly diverse neighborhood in which a black Pentecostal minister lives next to a white anti-globalization activist, who lives next to an Asian short-order cook, who lives next to a professional golfer, who lives next to a postmodern-literature professor and a cardiovascular surgeon. But I have never been to or heard of that neighborhood.
· We all pay lip service to the melting pot, but we really prefer the congealing pot [The Atlantic 09/03]

Rural Australia needs an influx of investment in culture.
· Creative Farms [The Australian 08/14/03]