Thirty-five years after the futurist Alvin Toffler persuaded us that things were changing so fast that people couldn't keep up, we still live in the same sort of houses, read the same sort of alarmist books and get around in the very same way - in cars, planes and trains, none of them much faster than they used to be. Meet the Jetsons? Not Yet
The Blog, The Press, The Media: An Open Letter to All Bloggers
Charles Johnson, Marc Danziger and I have been sneaking around over the last few months, trying to turn blogs into a business. We have enlisted some others with names familiar to you with the intention of working in two areas - aggregating blogs to increase corporate advertising and creating our own professional news service.
As for the Blog News Service, a lot of work needs to be done and a lot of questions answered. An editorial board consisting of Glenn Reynolds, PowerLine, Lawrence Kudlow, Hugh Hewitt, Marc Cooper, Wretchard of the Belmont Club and Tim Blair, as well as the founders, is already in place with other bloggers in many countries having signed on as contributors.
• This is no way meant to be exclusive [ Trackback is dead. Are Comments dead too? ; Why Geeks and Nerds Are Worth It... ]
• · Prompted by Martin Pike and inspired by Ethan Zuckerman I thought it would be interesting to discover what are the bloggiest Australian newspapers. Hugh Martin: The bloggiest papers in Oz ; People act and behave and vote against their own economic well-being Exporting the American Dream
• · · Thanks to Catherine - Are others interested in how Google ranks results? If so this article about a Google patent may interest you Google patent application reveals ranking secrets ; A pared down computer to replace bulky, grey desktop PCs could help close global digital inequalities Small box 'to end digital divide'
• · · · Check the time, watch the weather, track flights, view stock prices and find a local restaurant. Instantly. With a single click, the Dashboard zooms across your Desktop, giving you fast access to nifty widgets designed for fun as well as function. Dashboard is home to widgets; Many said Prokofy Neva was mad, and that his descriptions of a so-called "Feted Inner Core" (or FIC), a secret society of Second Life aristocrats, were little more than fevered rantings The Feted Inner Core, Revealed ; Bloggers all over the Internet are very excited about the launch of BlogSoldiers.com Lovell Technology: 6 months of wasted research
• · · · · It’s premature to write an obituary ... The Collapse of Big Media: Starting Over ; A Newly Electric Green – Sustainable Energy, Resources and Design The Greening of the Creative Class? ; By now, every journalist should know that you have to carefully check out any scheme coming from the White House. You can't just accept the administration's version of what it's doing. Remember, these are the people who named a big giveaway to logging interests Healthy Forests A Gut Punch to the Middle
• · · · · · Online marketers take a shine to ads tied to internet users' personal interests Ads That Know What You Want ; Broadband Slower than Pigeons; Pigeons Slower than Snails