Thursday, December 22, 2016

Gravy Train : How To Make an Omelette Without Breaking the Two Good Eggs

Lyrics for Three Great Leaders The Third One Gone Fishing / Missing in Aktion ...

Since it was written back in the '30s, this classic has been recorded by everyone from Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra to Miley Cyrus, but it's this sweaty-dad-ripping-a-hole-in-the-ass-pocket-of-his-Levis groaner that's somehow become ubiquitous in recent years. Some artists like The Boss have the ability to lose themselves in a cover, elevating the original to heretofore unheard height ... Springsteen kicks off with "Is there any Jersey in the house?" he asked. "Oh man, I just got in. I didn't think I was gonna make it. The north wind is coming down and temperatures are dropping out there!" 

Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town 


"There's two things that I think we should always celebrate. Great Australians, and brilliant condiments." The post Paul Kelly Fans Want You To #PutYourGravyOut For National Gravy Day appeared first...Antipodean Irish Paul Kelly's fans want to put your gravy out National Gravy Day via 5 Havel Avenue ...
wdmro


... How do you celebrate the unofficial songwriter laureate of this great sunburnt land? You create a hilarious parody Twitter account and tweet relentlessly about a song he happened to write about making gravy. At least, that’s what one legend has done. Parody 


Hello (BC), it's Joe here, I hope you're keeping well
It's the 21st of December, and now they're ringing the last bells
If I get good behaviour, I'll be out of here by July
Won't you kiss my kids on Christmas Day, please don't let 'em cry for me
I guess the brothers are driving down from Queensland and Stella's flying in from the coast
They say it's gonna be a hundred degrees, even more maybe, but that won't stop the roast
Who's gonna make the gravy now? I bet it won't taste the same
Just add flour, salt, a little red wine 
And don't forget a dollop of tomato sauce for sweetness and that extra tang
And give my love to Angus and to Frank and Dolly,
Tell 'em all I'm sorry I screwed up this time
And look after Rita, I'll be thinking of her early Christmas morning
When I'm standing in line
I hear Mary's got a new boyfriend, I hope he can hold his own
Do you remember the last one? What was his name again?
(Just a little too much cologne)
And Roger, you know I'm even gonna miss Roger
'Cause there's sure as hell no one in here I want to fight
Oh praise the Baby Jesus, have a Merry Christmas,
I'm really gonna miss it, all the treasure and the trash
And later in the evening, I can just imagine,
You'll put on Junior Murvin and push the tables back
And you'll dance with Rita, I know you really like her,
Just don't hold her too close, oh brother please don't stab me in the back
I didn't mean to say that, it's just my mind it plays up,
Multiplies each matter, turns imagination into fact
You know I love her badly, she's the one to save me,
I'm gonna make some gravy, I'm gonna taste the fat
Tell her that I'm sorry, yeah I love her badly, tell 'em all I'm sorry,
And kiss the sleepy children for me
You know one of these days, I'll be making gravy,
I'll be making plenty, I'm gonna pay 'em all back
Written by Paul Maurice Kelly • Copyright © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc
How Not to Make a Gravy, According to my Mamka the chef