I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.
- Rita Rudner
Gillian Sneddon has not limited her criticism to the NSW Labor Party. She has also criticised the clerk of the Parliament, Russell Grove, and another parliamentary officer over the Orkopoulos investigation Carelessness, Recklessness or Intentional Grovelling?
Can we change the heart of politics? Role of the Blogger The truth has blown up in our faces so many times
Like artists, bloggers have a role in a culture to alarm us, and perhaps to frighten us
There are soap opera producers who would not buy the believability of the script written in the corridors of powers of the NSW Parliament. Some journeys cannot be put into words … it is even easier to write about the Cold River crossing than it is to capture the goings inside the parliamentary culture. You would never know it from listening to the media dialogue, but the most pressing issue of our age is most certainly the fact that we need more direct sunlight when it comes to managerial powers. Ever since the rise of Marxism, crowds have been trying to take the power out of the hands of the powerful. And good on 'em (us!). Over the last hundred years or so these ideals have certainly had their ups and downs, but recently the trend has emerged again, this time in the form of Crowd Clout...
• It seems that telling the truth is dirty politics OurBrew: Power in Numbers; [Making the world a better place one person at a time feels like simple commonsense to me. People Power = In fact, nothing could be further from the truth? ; A Mediocre Piece of Journalism ]
• · Tim like Cold River is happiest in water, and the sea has delivered him his first big BOOK. REVIEWS, Tim Winton says a little grumpily on Schwartz Media's SlowTV website, are like the weather. There is nothing much you can do about them: they arrive, they pass. And teaching is detritus, a way of "policing the text. Breath is, as the reviews have been saying, Winton's best yet ; Tim Winton is probably Australia’s greatest living writer; Streetfighter critic pulls no punches
• · My own mortality was as real as night and day and as certain as their cold, motionless bodies in those coffins. The river of tears was for my friend I fantasised about my funeral ; I view life as a journey of initiation for death. A person lives, suffers, dies. All the rest is grace. And love is grace. Writing is grace. Ships from and sold by MediaCrazy ; Another ray of hope Sometimes we must look deeper to see the goodness
• · · The Burchett revival is founded upon a distinctive form of post-Cold War intellectual inertia Agent of Influence ; Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest is determined to redeem his reputation - and vast paper riches - on a promise many said he'd never keep The accidental billionaire
• · · · Lessons from Private Equity Any Company Can Use (Memo to the CEO) So what exactly is private equity?; You cannot kill truth by murdering journalists