Monday, June 06, 2005



:-) smile because a smile is a curve that can set things straight
While not aged, I am old. While not pretty, I possess beauty. While not hopeless, I adore hope. But then, one can posses nothing, only borrow or share. In life, we are all renters.
- I love to write, to stir up my brain, my heart and perhaps my soul. The man and the Moon

Art of Living & Literature Across Frontiers: Catch 22
It’s the only book ever written that is both the funniest and saddest in the history of words. One second Yossarian is running for his life from Nurse Duckett, and before the tears of laughter have dried from your face he’s watching his friend die:

"I'm cold," Snowden whimpered. "I'm cold."
"There, there," Yossarian mumbled mechanically in a voice too low to be heard. "There, there."
Yossarian was cold, too, and shivering uncontrollably. He felt goose pimples clacking all over him as he gazed down despondently at the grim secret Snowden had spilled all over the messy floor. It was easy to read the message in his entrails. Man was matter, that was Snowden's secret. Drop him out a window and he'll fall. Set fire to him and he'll burn. Bury him and he'll rot, like other kinds of garbage. The spirit gone, man is garbage. That was Snowden's secret. Ripeness was all.
I'm cold," Snowden said. "I'm cold."
"There, there," said Yossarian. "There, there." He pulled the rip cord of Snowden's parachute and covered his body with the white nylon sheets.
"I'm cold."
"There, there."


Memes come here to die [Mission Accomplished - Bush tucker & Rice Just Imagine ;-? ; I'm older than I care to accept, so I refuse to act my age In The Future, Everyone Will Be Hitler For 15 Minutes ]
• · How Do the Paparazzi Sell Their Pics?; The analogy that RSS is like "TiVo for the web" has been used quite often 500 cable channels (and, yes, nothing at all worth watching
• · · Unlimited energy. Fast-growing fruit. Free air-conditioning. John Piña Craven says we can have it all by tapping the icy waters of the deep The Mad Genius from the Bottom of the Sea ; Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries The Right's Wrong Books
• · · · As the sex books become ever more steamy, some publishers, even the more venturesome, are already thinking of backing away. Maybe the only place to go is to get prudish again More Sex, Less 'Joy' ; Paperback books used to be a lot more entertaining ; A bottled beer with the brand name Shag Fancy a Shag?
• · · · · Speaking just between us - between one who writes columns and those who read them - I've had this nagging question about the whole enterprise we're engaged in. Is Persuasion Dead? ; Even Harvard’s bottomless resources cannot buy a miracle, however. So instead of a magician, the university has brought forth the next best thing: a report on “diversity” that, like all such products, possesses the power of shutting down every critical faculty in seemingly intelligent people Harvard’s Diversity Grovel
• · · · · · Why do President Bush's critics make life so easy for him? "Listen up, this week's right wing talking point is improvisational. Your job is to act outraged, horrified, shocked, and dismayed that Amnesty International described Guantanamo Bay as the gulag of our times. We aren't running a gulag. is right up there with 'I am not a crook, Using 'gulag' as a metaphor was outrageous, but ... ; Ours is not a gulag