Monday, September 15, 2003

Tribute to Democracy
When Margo and Webdiarists put pen to paper, we, the readers who think the childhood story of Stone Soup is not silly, discover the things we care about, what we fear and what we long for, and what we're trying to figure out...
...First they came to get Pauline Hanson and her mate Tim Blair and I said nothing as I was not antimigrant, then they came to fetch Professor Bunyip, and I smiled and said nothing because I never sympathised with ideas coming from Dan Quayle. Then they came to get members of the other parties and I said nothing because I did not believe in spins produced by other Eastern European Parties. Today I question the historical value of selfspun spins written by Western Webloggers or Journalists about things Self Made Labour Leaders who care less and less about blood and other bodily matters of those they claim to represent...
· New Dawn [Webdiary ]
· Still it's not exactly true that All Bloggers Don't Think For Themselves [MD ]

If Not Dean, Who?
If the pundits have been consistent about one thing in this campaign, it's the argument that the Democrats will get slaughtered if Howard Dean is their presidential nominee.
· If Dean loses in the primary, the party will probably lose in November 2004 [TomPaine ]

Man In Black: Johnny Cash
Well, you wonder why I always dress in black,
Why you never see bright colors on my back,
And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.
I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
Livin' in the hopeless, (haunted) hungry side of town,
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.
I wear the black for those who never read...
Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black.

· Rainbow of Hope? [CommonDreams ]

Censored 2004: The Top 25 Censored Media Stories of 2002-2003
Convicted Corporations Receive Perks Instead of Punishment Unwanted Refugees a Global Problem
· Rumsfeld's Plan to Provoke Terrorists [ProjectCensored ]