Thursday, May 30, 2019

When I Die

Time is the inexplicable raw material of everything. With it, all is possible, without it nothing. The supply of time is truly a daily miracle, an affair genuinely astonishing when one examines it.
~ Arnold Bennett, born in 1867



Where Moravia River Runs into Danube aka Dunajj — Boat sinks in Danube in Hungary with dozens on board





One Sunday morning, a man and his wife were sitting at the breakfast table. 

Unexpectedly, the man said to his wife, “When I die, I want you to immediately burn all of my stuff." 

“Now why would you want me to do something like that?” she asked.

“I figure a woman as fine as yourself would eventually remarry and I don’t want some other  idiot using my stuff.”

She looked at him intently and said, “What makes you think I’d marry another idiot?”

Hat tip to Paul Who Know What Happens on The Literary Scene



                   The Bourne

Underneath the growing grass,
     Underneath the living flowers,
     Deeper than the sound of showers:
     There we shall not count the hours
By the shadows as they pass.

Youth and health will be but vain,
     Beauty reckoned of no worth:
     There a very little girth
     Can hold round what once the earth
Seemed too narrow to contain.


First Known When Lost: Bourne.