Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Visual Art



“The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.”

- Andre Gide
.



I confess: I read fiction to fall in love. And in fiction, as in life, characters don’t have to be likable to be lovable. 

Here’s a dozen examples of movies that are as good as the books they’re based on, according to Films about Books;

In fiction, as in my nonreading life, someone didn’t necessarily have to be likable to be lovable. Was Anna Karenina likable? Maybe not. Did part of me fall in love with her when I cracked open a secondhand hardcover of Tolstoy’s novel, purchased in a bookshop in Princeton, N.J., the day before I headed home to Pakistan for a hot, slow summer? Absolutely. Likable characters

The Bible celebrates many killings literature about violence