I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilization
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
The poor can be described statistically; they can be analyzed as a group. But they need a novelist as well as a sociologist if we are to see them. They need a Global Dickens: Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1929
A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves Energy comes from feeling good
If you don’t believe in the future you can’t participate fully in it. Make a list of all the things you always wanted to do and start working your way through it
It is important to live life to its full potential. Here is a list on the formula for a long life. It was proposed by 97-year-old expert physician Shigeaki Hinohara, a man who still chairs two large hospitals in Tokyo and has written around 150 books since is 75th birthday. Inspiration personified… Not surprising that such wisdom comes from Japan. This is a country that is experiencing the impacts of an aging population before the rest of us.
• He loved Big Brother. Orwell, 1984 Share what you know; [Like a dog! he said: it was as if he meant the shame of it to outlive him. Kafka, The Trial Top 25 Things Vanishing from KAFKA’S Amerika; After a while I went out and left the hospital and walked back to the hotel in the rain. A Farewell to Arms Generally, when people see the question "What should I do with my life?", it triggers some major misunderstandings. The author presents a few of the major fallacies he thinks people project onto this dilemma What should I do with my life now?]
• · While the title might lead you to believe this is a story about a 30 something's unsuccessful search for love, nothing could be further from truth. Over one messy year, Ross and Natalie navigate their children, nits, housework, birthdays, Christmas, faith, football, job insecurity, more nits – Great story for our times ;-) My Year Without Sex is kind of a love story about a family dealing with all the big questions and even more of the small ones; This is not merely about making formal government publications available online. It is about capturing, nurturing, and maintaining much of the information generated by public sector bodies as a common and easily accessible good for all of society. At a policy level, these developments will combine to bring about an entirely new landscape for the management and control of information and knowledge in the public sector Realising the value of public information
• · After 100 days in the Oval Office, President Obama merits a mixed report card - As Goes General Motors, So Goes the Country? Obama’s First 100 Days: A Mixed Record ; One bird said to Billy Pilgrim Poo-tee-weet? Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse 5: Forecasting used to be straightforward. Over the years, by the end of the first quarter, managers usually had a fairly reliable sense of how the business was shaping up and whether targets would be met, missed or exceeded. Confidence in quarterly and annual predictions was so high that coming in above or below by even the smallest amount was considered a surprise and set off moves in stock prices. This year, however, things have changed. Re-thinking risk management: why the mindset matters more than the model;
• · · Organisations like 'Reporting the World' are working to ensure the news gets presented to consumers in a fair, balanced manner - The winds of change are blowing through American media. So say the enterprising campaigners for peace and social justice at Avaaz.org, an independent not-for-profit organisation with offices in six countries. Avaaz means voice - in many languages, and their team works to ensure that the views and values of the world’s people inform global decision-making How conflict is represented in the media; The news the public reads or receives in the safety of their sitting rooms may have cost a journalist his or her life A fatal job. How many journalists have to die?;
• · · · Hello, I am a Golden Guru and I am here to help you ... Golden Guru or boring old nuisance?; The planets may no longer be aligned to Peter Costello’s aspirations: he may have forgone his opportunity Costello’s destiny call?
• · · · · Pastor who is making lots of waves in Germany and France: July 2008, when God showed him how we were about to experience a financial tsunami Pastor Joh. W. Matutis; Antipodes Map – has taken illustrates the opposite point (antipodes) of anywhere on the planet. Sure it's a game, but it shows something profound about human beings and what drives them Antipodes Map
• · · · · · Politicians should defend the public interest, not Pratt's reputation ; Richard Pratt, billionaire, philanthropist and head of the Visy packing industry, died on April 28, 2009. The day before he died, the Federal Court ruled that a large part of the evidence against Mr Pratt in relation to evidence he had given about a price-fixing cartel was inadmissible GOD HAS THE LAST WORD...Mr Pratt's fall from grace