Friday, May 19, 2006



You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
- David Harkins

Change, it has a power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life.
It is worth the risk …
-Leo Buscaglia

NONFICTION: Jozef Imrich has Scored Again, This Time in Bondi Bookstores ;-)

I talk with the authority of failure - L with the authority of success. We could never sit across the table again ;-(

There's a 1989 movIe that's achieved cult status called Weekend at Bernie's. The plot is simple: a couple of fellows down on their luck have to pretend their murdered boss is actually alive. At the village on top of the hill, Hurstville, we seemed to face the opposite problems when it came to bosses ;-) Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Words can never express how much I value some of the soulful moments created at Miss Saigon and other boxing spots in an illuminated company of newish friends like Linda (my life coach ;-), Tania, Jenny, Julie, YEATS, Rachel, and surfing characters like Colin, Allan, Geoff, Allen, Ron, Christian, Murray, Alfred ...et al. The sweet card from Nathalie and Maria put a few smiles on my lips too ;-)

My oldest friends on this salty earth Gina, Richard, John, Davina took me to another village of Double Dragon Bay where painting and meals by Bottoceli ruled. What a great way to create memories and especially on the day when my godson Alexander suddenly becomes Anthony. The day, Cardinal George Pell is reminded of my cousin bishop Andrej Imrich and the chief traffic warden at Rose Bay Catholic Church, Maureen Brian, gets a shock as she cannot get over my missing moustache ;-) I must go and see My Fair Lady as Rob is performing at Bondi Junction.

How lucky to experience a life peppered with colourful junctions, challenges and opportunities - how even more amazing it is to discover the gentle souls like Mal who tend to put the icing on the glorious cake called the unpredictable lightness of life ... Indeed, Each day is a PRIZE. Dive in ...

I have received a number of complimentary emails over the last week. I am so used to being hit and punched, derided or insulted that now positive responses make me wonder. Is it cool if I hold your hand? Is it wrong if I think it's cool to dance at Bondi Hotel? Do you like my stupid hair? Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear? Bukowski gives us hope as he was an ornery ugly man who didn’t care what anyone thought of him (until he softened up just a little bit later in life). This it would seem was the key to his success, this ugliness and f***-you to the worldedness. Where did I go right? What did I do to deserve so much kindness and love?

The fearless are merely fearless.
People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave.
-James A. LaFond-Lewis

CODA: Hopefully it won't last 40 years, but winning will require tough measures, a cadre of professionals and constant vigilance. Technology and government leaders must come to terms with IT security threats not going away. Nothing an agency can buy, implement or develop today will completely protect any system from tomorrow's emerging threat. The stark, unpleasant reality is that the coming years will require a constant, vigorous war between security professionals and nefarious actors. While it's unlikely that one side utterly wins, government agencies cannot afford to lose IT Security: Our New Cold War?

The Blog, The Press, The Media: Perfect readable text for the blogging newbie
Since I've been blogging for quite awhile, this is almost like reading a book to see if you're doing anything wrong. Still, Susannah Gardner does a good job with Buzz Marketing with Blogs For Dummies (Wiley).

Best of all is that this book showed me how I can market using blogs and still be myself, something I've been trying to do for years. In fact, the more I am myself on a blog, the better the blog will be---imagine that! A blog is a great tool for self-expression, which can be done concurrently with marketing, I found out, and in an authentic way.


Much more than a Dummies book [The greatest econ blog on the web! Insightful & interesting every day Marginal Revolution ; The family which takes its mauve and cerise, air-conditioned, power-steered, and power-braked automobile out for a tour passes through cities that are badly paved, made hideous by litter, blighted buildings, billboards, and posts for wires that should long since have been put underground. Affluent Society ]
• · Web etiquette goes wacky when ranking friends becomes an exercise in lifeboat ethics. Take a number, pal ; And a look at how internet addiction is affecting lives The Internet – millions of people rely on it for everyday tasks.
• · · Al Gore is the media man of the hour. The story has a familiar ring, but it's hard to say exactly why. Gore: The Game ; The Top Ten Lies of Entrepreneurs ; via my glorious friend Gina - (I hope Julie you are soaking this identity crisis in ;-) Revealed: The identity of the BBC's latest star