There is no stopping Cold River from running with the internet - Ditch the Great Australian Novel - now everyone wants to be a screenwriter Quest to write the Great Australian Script
Czech out the ingenious marketing of The Da Vinci Code. Cracking the Hollywood code
Art of Living & Literature Across Frontiers: Believing Makes It So
I always assumed that you had two choices in the face of rampant corruption: dig in your heels and fight it or shrug your shoulders and deal. Then I realized that there is a middle ground: whistle past the graveyard.
To me, a novel is made up; it is a fiction. But it's the paradox of being unreal and real at the same time that interests me. F Scott Fitzgerald talked about the importance of being able to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time. It's a very child-like way to be as well. Even as grown-ups we go to a magic show and we can be impressed by the illusion and we don't want to know how the trick is done. That's what novels are like.
To one and all soulful friends: Always there for me Steve and Christopher; Mark, Phil, Rob, Richard, John; Pirozky by Lidka; Scripts by Julie; Enthusiasm by Gina; Walks with Izzy; Swims with Icebergers; Music by Sasha; Smiles and Hugs by Gabbie; Wisdom by June; The Eyes Without Borders by Mal ...
• The world is an illusion, but if you try hard enough you can beat it [Born September 29, 1943, in Popowo, Poland, Lech Walesa was the son of a carpenter CNN Cold War - Profile: Lech Walesa ; A euphemism is the substitution of an agreeable or inoffensive expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant Man's ruin: Euphemisms ]
• · Good Days Ahead is the critically acclaimed computer program that is being hailed as a breakthrough in helping people overcome their problems and get their lives back on track. An extraordinary advance. Engaging, entertaining, and clearly useful; Peter Carey's latest book was the last straw for Alison Summers Ex-wife comes out swinging
• · · The findings suggest an intriguing parallel between prostate cancer and breast cancer, as recent studies indicate that lactating reduces a woman's risk of breast cancer, perhaps because this also flushes out carcinogens. Masturbation is part of people's sexual repertoire Masturbating may protect against prostate cancer ; Good and Plenty, the Creative Successes of American Arts Funding. John Miller goes Down the yellow brick road of overinterpretation How to Feed a Starving Artist
• · · · Literature Study Guides - SparkNotes ; There is no such thing as a human nature independent of culture. Men without culture would not even be the clever savages of Lord of the Flies Love. If not love, passion. If not passion, at least lust. Cosmic disarray
• · · · · Bristol got rich on the back of the slave trade as its fleet transported 500,000, chained in appalling conditions. Last night, 200 years after abolition, the city debated whether to admit its part in the 'African holocaust Slavery: Is it time for an apology? ; What do LSD, Sigmund Freud, college freshmen and tuna fishing have in common? There was a time when the worst … slut … for want of a better term … maintained a virginal façade. Today the most virginal and chaste undergraduate wants to create a façade of sexual experience.” A Speech In Full: Linking such subjects might put most thinkers in bizarre and dangerous waters
• · · · · · What is the best work of American fiction of the last 25 years? The Book Review asked writers, critics and editors. Their answers may surprise you. ; Oochy woochy coochy coo: Women can read men like books. Women are attracted to men who are fond of children