Sunday, April 30, 2006



To Succeed You Have to Fail, says Samuel Beckett. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Only if you have been in the deepest valley can you know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
-Richard Nixon

Allow me to fill you in on a little secret ... I’m not a blogger, I’m just pretending to be a blogger!
You have a lifelong dream of writing a book and making a movie. You decide it’s high time you made good that dream. So you start a blog! The amazing degree of village atmosphere inside the blogosphere just blew me away Media Dragon has given Cold River the sort of exposure I could only dream of I could only dream of ... Special Kudos to Google and to Clustr Maps. As a result, Media Dragon has Worldwide readership: What more could I ask for?
Following hot on the heels of the US release of Cold River, the book is now being printed and distributed in the UK, and is fast becoming available around the world. In the US, the book can be ordered from any bookstore and is available online from Booksamillion , Barnes & Noble , Amazon.com and more. It's also available from worldwide Amazon sites in Canada, Germany, France and Japan . And it's available in Switzerland and Belgium too.

The Blog, The Press, The Media: You've got to find what you love: Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.


• Our Sole Goal is to Stay Hungry. Stay Soulful [Simply put, stay open to new ideas and thoughts and never be content to do the same thing day after day. Never worry about doing something you want to do because you are afraid of what others may think. It’s your life. Don’t waste it doing what others want you to do. Find what you love to do and do it! Stay Hungry. Stay Crazish ;-) ; Beauty of any Blog is in the eye of the beholder What's your favourite blog? ; Ouch: Does blogging help you become a better writer? No. Most blogging is sheer exhibitionism, either the self-absorbed ramblings of an individual blogger or the corporate site that exists for the sole purpose of making money. (If anyone sees a disturbing parallel between blogging and column writing, kindly keep it to yourself.) This doesn't mean blogs have to be badly written. It just means that most are. You, To, Can Right Like a Blogger]
• · Just amazing stuff as Croquet is out. Google does rock! There are no boundaries in the system! Google Releases Free 3-D Modelling Software ; After a yearlong review of its strategy, the British Broadcasting Corp., the world's biggest and best-known public broadcaster, said it plans to put more resources into its already-large Internet presence and no longer regards itself primarily as a producer of television and radio BBC Expands Internet Presence After Review ; Time to add to my occasional series on Web heroes and heroines, people who work tirelessly to help the rest of us understand the Internet better. Joining Gary Price, Tara Calishain and Wendy Boswell is Neil Reisner's Place
• · · The new meet market blog Blogging ; Okay this one's crazy - not just for the fact for what I now have on the trading block, but for the way it happened. I just got a phone call about this. I said yes on the spot One virtual afternoon with Alice Cooper The guy who is attempting to barter his way from a single red paperclip to a house
• · · · Deutsche Telekom 60 billion emails sent daily worldwide; The Save the Internet coalition is trying to prevent a hijacking of our future. The robber barons of the Information Age, the phone and cable giants Saving the Net from the Real Predators
• · · · · What this age of Internet euphoria looks like to those of us who were in the game last time around. For one, bubbles aren’t completely bad. The Way We Boom Now; Think of [the Internet] like Cable TV. Anybody can start a cable channel. But if you can't get on TimeWarner Cable here in Manhattan, for me you might as well not even exist. The Internet could work like that Anybody can start a cable channel ; A LOT of people spend a lot more than $US3000 a year on their hobbies Hobby blog now a learning aid
• · · · · · Editor: Why newspapers should do investigative reporting. First of all, it is our responsibility, You’re not going to see Bill Gates do it or the bathrobe-wearing bloggers . Journalists around the world are dying for the right to do it. And for us not to is unconscionable. If you must make phone calls, do like Tony Soprano and use a prepaid cell phone purchased with cash Watchdogs, Not Lap Dogs; I had a strong urge to see what was going on BEHIND the scenes. I got my wish, and what I found was that what went on in the White House was WAY more complicated than it appeared to me as a reporter on the outside. Nessen: Why I went from reporter to WH press secretary ; It was Scott McClellan's miserable lot to be fronting for a boss in a political tailspin, a President at pains to reconcile his own assertions to the American people with ever more well-documented reality McClellan could only be trusted to tap dance



World makes impressions in so many ways, by moving between its spinning boundaries we realise our future ;-)