Sunday, April 02, 2006



In my eyes the world is full of nice people. I appreciate post peppered with ideas by Shel Israel, who wrote Naked Conversations with Robert Scoble, for figuring out how to deal with anonymous reviews on Amazon:


should amazon blog.jpg


via Werner Vogels by Hugh, priceless humour



In a commentariat there is a suggestion by a certain Bob of Bob@Example.com fame that bloggers could be classified as being a kind of bunch who practice and preach back-scratching ...

'I fully realize you may try to side-step my question, because I haven't revealed who I am. I haven't read Naked Conversations, and perhaps in there you explain why one shouldn't engage in blog conversations unless the other party has revealed who they are.

Nonetheless, I will ask.

Have you read Jozef Imrich's book, Cold River, from cover to cover?

The reason I ask is that I've noticed that some bloggers operate in a tit for tat manner. For example, if you put me on your blogroll, I'll put you on mine. Now mind you, I may never read your blog, but since you scratched my back, I'll scratch yours.

Now clearly Jozef is a fan of you and your book. So I'm left to wonder if your calling his book "wonderful" and "gripping" is based on personal experience of having read it cover to cover, or whether this just mutual back-scratching.

Thanks!

Bob

A lesson in amazon anonymity suspicion of the shire racist animosity: The Twilight of Anonymity

Shel Israel replied:

Bob,

Yes, I have read Jozef Imrich's book cover to cover. I did that before starting the Naked Conversations project. I did that before ever staring the Naked Conversations project. I do not make recommendations of any product or service that I have not tried, read, listened to or watched myself. having answered your question, please answer one for me.

Who are you and why do you need to wear the mask of anonymity?
Commentariat of Another Idea for Amazon

Cold River has been part of the Deep Book Blog selection for many, many, years ... Books by Bloggers

Bill Gates and Robert Scobles of Microsoft fame have been distributing Cold River in PDF and other versions for four years

CODA: Christopher Morley once noted Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity D. P. Roseberry, the editor of Cold River