Sunday, November 13, 2005



Shortest Fairytale Ever
Once upon a time a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?"
She said "No"
And the guy lived happily ever after.
THE END

If you had the choice between hopping around to one of Britney Spears' "classics" or strapping on a Gibson SG and rocking out to freakin' Iron Man, which would you choose? Guitar Hero video game uses 3/4-size guitar as input device

Art of Living & Literature Across Frontiers: Creating a virtual Library of Alexandria
Internet companies are racing to get books online, but publishers are understandably wary. Sometimes the conventional wisdom turns out to be true—only with a twist.

Information wants to be free,” according to a celebrated aphorism from the early days of the internet. Yet this ethos has been creating new headaches recently. As search-engine firms and others unveil plans to place books online, publishers fear that the services may end up devouring their business, either by bypassing them or because the initiatives threaten to make their copyrights redundant.


• Guys who cain't say no Pulp friction [And an interview with Peter Morville, author of Ambient Findability, on the consequences of being able to find anything from anywhere at anytime. Intelligence is moving to the edges, flowing through wireless devices, empowering individuals and distributed teams. Ideas spread like wildfire, and information is in the air, literally. And yet with this wealth of instantly accessible information, we still experience disorientation. We still wander off the map The Impact of "Ambient Findability" ; Film has left the cinema and joined us for drinks, with books and music, at home. DVDs signal a revolution in culture... Scenes from a Revolution ]
• · As one respected journal claims that men are smarter than women, another leaps in to rubbish the research Who has the bigger brain? ; For every cell in your body, you support 10 bacterial cells that make vitamins, trigger hormones, and may even influence how fat you are. Are antibiotics killing us?
• · · Designing dogs to suit our whims What's the matter with cloning Rex? ; How to Write a Novel in 100 Days | John Coyne "What you need to do each day for the next hundred days to write your novel. I could have written that book
• · · · Is it me or is everything shit? I've been asking myself this for the past five years. Before that, I believed the decadence and banality of our society was a simple fact - irrefutable except by those with a financial incentive to maintain the global monoculture of "cool". Is It Just Me Or Is Everything Shit? The encyclopedia of modern life ; Amazon Gets Patents on Consumer Reviews
• · · · · Manufacturing High Anxiety Are you and your family at risk? ;
• · · · · · The encyclopedia of modern life. And eat, sleep, work, consume, die: The Luddite Tony Long despairs Eat, Sleep, Work, Consume, Die ; Latin American soap operas trample the competition where they appear. Does Hollywood have the talent and the will to fight back? Romancing the Globe

Let me love you,
Let me say that I do,
If you’ll lend me your ear,
I’ll make it clear
The way that I do.
Let me whisper it,
Let me sigh it,
Let me sing it, my dear,
Or I will cry it.
Let me love you,
Let me show that I do,
Let me do a million impossible things
So you’ll know that I do.
I’ll buy you the dawn
If you’ll let me love you today,
And if that’s not enough,
I’ll buy you the first of May,
And tomorrow I'll send you
Merrily on your way.
-Bart Howard, Let Me Love You (music by Howard)