There was a time when embarrassing talents were a purely private matter ;-) If you could sing "The Star Spangled Banner" in the voice of Daffy Duck, no one but your friends and family would ever have to know. His story suggests that the quaint days when cultural trinkets, like celebrity sex tapes, were passed around like novels in Soviet Russia are over... Dragostea Din Tei: Gary Brolsma, 19, from New Jersey
The Blog, The Press, The Media: Help Wanted to Expand Free Speech Globally
A group that wants to assist free speech in authoritarian nations is looking for a technically savvy person -- a CTO or lead engineer type -- who can do a short term study, possibly leading to a longer-term job. This is a paying gig for the right person.
The project is intended, in its intitial form, to make possible blogging that is impossible (or at least extremely difficult) to trace. One of the people involved calls it an "anonymous, anti-tyranny blogging service."
If you're interested, please send e-mail to Jim Hake at email@example.com --
Note to other bloggers: Please post your own notice about this. It's a good cause.
• TOR: Good Folks Looking for Help ; Spirit of America Seeking Bloggers
• · In the Press Room of the White House that is Post Press Jay Rosen
• · · Romenesko Peppered with stories!
• · · · Superwoman Showdown What Safire, Coulter, Kondracke, others charge for speeches
• · · · · Two Cheers For the Mainstream Media
• · · · · · Usually used by blogosphere zealots on the right and the left as a disparaging reference to a handful of large and supposedly influential newspapers, magazines and TV networks Mainstream News Media, a.k.a. MSM